Am I supposed to feel old?

Z_I_L_L_A
Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
I mean, I hurt, joints sore and all. People say its because you're gettin old. I say kiss my *kitten*,lol. 20 and 30 year olds tell me this.
I say maybe, but I out lift you and out run you. Whats your excuse? Anyone else get ticked off when people say these things.?
I'm fightin this with all I got and don't wanna be like others my age. I run 5k's under 30 minutes and can do a mile under 8 min. if pushed. I do crossfit and gym workouts. I do strongman comps. too. So why do I have to feel old? I'm 47 and just tired of the negative remarks.

Sunday this was what I did. 3 hour workout in the gym, 3 hours of pressure washing, cut the grass 2 hours and hit softballs for 2 hours into the next zip code. So whos old *kitten*?

Grrrrrr! Tim

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    you have spunk, I like that, tell them all where to go!!
    I am NOT like others my age,
    I roller blade every day
    I do 2 to 3 hours cardio a day,,,
    do not listen to those negative comments.
    you are who you are
    so I say,,,,,,,
    keep kicking butt!
  • RockClimber69
    RockClimber69 Posts: 82 Member
    Meh! Old, my *kitten*! I am who I am....my age has nothing to do with it. (Well, other than the fact that I'd like to tap 20 year old me on the shoulder and go "Oh honey, you have absolutely NO idea!")

Life begins at 40. :D
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Meh! Old, my *kitten*! I am who I am....my age has nothing to do with it. (Well, other than the fact that I'd like to tap 20 year old me on the shoulder and go "Oh honey, you have absolutely NO idea!")

Life begins at 40. :D

Yeah but would you have listened to you? lol Young people know it all and we have no clue. lmao
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    I mean, I hurt, joints sore and all. People say its because you're gettin old.
    Sunday this was what I did. 3 hour workout in the gym, 3 hours of pressure washing, cut the grass 2 hours and hit softballs for 2 hours into the next zip code. So whos old *kitten*?

Grrrrrr! Tim

I think the 3-hour workout has more to do with hurting than your age does.
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Ummm, I think you're working too hard and that's why you feel old! :laugh:

Seriously, I am 44 with the heart of a child. I've never really grown up. When people meet my 19 year old son they are shocked that I'm his mom. And to be honest, I do have a touch of arthritis in my right shoulder and I don't dye my increasing amount of grey hair, but the worst of my "age related" problems was my ankles and it turns out that that is mostly if not completely weight related as the more weight I lose the better my ankles feel. (And I really think the grey hair is from the life and times of the 19 year old!)

You're not old. You're you and that's all that matters. You are a strong, active person, love yourself and be happy!!!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    I mean, I hurt, joints sore and all. People say its because you're gettin old.

Grrrrrr! Tim

I think the 3-hour workout has more to do with hurting than your age does.

Actually my joints have hurt since starting back a year and a half ago. As for my Sunday workout its cardio, weight lifting and crossfit. I don't work areas that are hurting in the joint either.

Also its not workout related, because all my joints hurt. Knees,shoulders,elbows, and fingers. When it gets cold and clammy outside they hurt worse.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,438 Member
    We all "get old" physically, it's a fact of life. But "getting old" is just as much a mental thing as it is a physical thing, if you think of yourself as youthful, you will be youthful. I'm doing things I never would have done in my 20's and 30's because I was in a different mind set then and now that I'm running and lifting I feel so much more alive and empowered. The other night at a family get together, my 30 something nephews were whining about how this hurt and that hurt and they can't do this anymore or that anymore because they're getting old, I just sat back and laughed.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    ^Good one...