Introducing Myself! A mom of four who is changing her attitude!

Options
suzievv
suzievv Posts: 410 Member
Hi! Introducing myself to the group!

-I have 4 children.

-I gained about 50 pounds during my last pregnancy. Since right after birth I've lost about 17. I have about 20 to go.

-My goal weight is 125, maybe 122-125 if possible. I'm almost 5'3" and have kinda small bones, and I'm 39 years old, so this is a good weight for me.

-What's keeping me from attaining my goal? Daily commitment. Daily logging my food. I think that it takes too much time to enter my food into the diary. I have five hundred million distractions every minute of the day. I get really, really hungry. My food scale battery died, and I always feel like it takes too much time and is too tedious to weigh the food on it anyway. All my meals are homemade and I don't want to take the time to enter them all into MFP every time I make them to get the 100% perfectly accurate calorie count. So I end up not entering them, not logging at all, eating three helpings, and not weighing myself, and then I wonder why I'm the same weight as I was four months ago. Can you see how I need to change my attitude? I saw a thread this morning about how it's all in our head. If our mind wills the weight loss, we will make it happen. Our bodies can do amazing things if only our mind will unlock the ability. So today I'm going to listen to that advice.

Thanks for the group! I plan to friend everyone and come back to see the challenges.

Replies

• RosslandMTBr
    RosslandMTBr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you. One thing I have learned is that weight loss is a mental game. It takes a lot of focus (at least for me). I used to see people that have lost weight and think that they were lucky but now I realize that it isn't luck it is hard work, consistency and patience. I've been at it for 6 months and I'm only now starting to feel like I've made progress. It takes time and you have to be willing to put in the effort.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've yoyo'd quite a bit as a mom but recommitting over a year ago and sticking with it has made all the difference. You CAN!
  • jenniebean310
    jenniebean310 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome mamma, you got this