So freaking happy!

Options
June 21st I did an a1c and my levels came back 9.8

I started watching carbs like crazy and joined this group. Mid July I ran out of metformin, and could not get my Dr to refill or reset an appointment. So I just kept watching carbs + exercising. My fasting glucose continued to drop.

My birthday, the end of August I got an awful cold... stopped exercising and tracking BUT still watched my carbs- basically just keeping to my safe foods.

Had another a1c today.

NEW Dr. Just called and informed me she wanted me to stay off of medication because my a1c is now 7.0!!!!

She said what I was doing was obviously working and to keep doing it! I nearly started crying when I got off the phone. I'm "officially" med free- but that makes me that much more responsible for my diet and exercise, which is scary and SO rewarding!!

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats! What a NSV! So proud of your progress! I love reading these inspiring stories!
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Aaaaaaaaaahhh!! Yay!!! Congrats!!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    That is truly awesome!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's fantastic! Wonderful job. Keep it up. :)
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    June 21st I did an a1c and my levels came back 9.8

I started watching carbs like crazy and joined this group. Mid July I ran out of metformin, and could not get my Dr to refill or reset an appointment. So I just kept watching carbs + exercising. My fasting glucose continued to drop.

My birthday, the end of August I got an awful cold... stopped exercising and tracking BUT still watched my carbs- basically just keeping to my safe foods.

Had another a1c today.

NEW Dr. Just called and informed me she wanted me to stay off of medication because my a1c is now 7.0!!!!

She said what I was doing was obviously working and to keep doing it! I nearly started crying when I got off the phone. I'm "officially" med free- but that makes me that much more responsible for my diet and exercise, which is scary and SO rewarding!!

yes!!! this is the kind of successes I love to herald to the masses!! Lchf heals!! yea the weight loss is good but if I can get rid of diabetes and still eat without starving myself I'm all for it!! Congrats!!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you! Wonderful news!!
  • jassnip
    jassnip Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful. It is satisfying when we can control our health. Keep going. You got this.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    That's great progress! Congrats!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Awesome to be able to control your health!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Time for the happy dance!
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congrats!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Amazing commitment to yourself!!!
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I go see my doctor Tuesday and would love to be told I don't need the meds anymore.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    *high Five*
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I am so very happy for you!! This is wonderful news.
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely wonderful! Good for you and good on your doctor who didn't try to talk you into eating more carbs!
  • Roseygirl1
    Roseygirl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow, so inspiring! I'm here because I recently got diagnosed with pre-diabetes and successes like yours are so very encouraging. Congratulations on such a fabulous health marker!