Hi, Ladies!

Options
2»

Replies

• Petie2611
    Petie2611 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone ! I'm new to MyFitnessPal and am looking forward to having some fun with this particular group!
  • franinaz
    franinaz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone...I've been over 50 for some time now (I'm 64) and the weight is a lot harder to keep off now. So I'm attacking it. Less sugar and carbs, more water and exercise. As the weight comes off--I am noticing that my knees don't ache as much and I have more energy. Great side effects!!
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of regrets at first to waiting til I was 50 to start working out. I'm over it and just enjoying having a body that does what I tell it to.
  • aproctor1120
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group. I'll be 53 in November. I started MFP on 01 JAN this year. Started out like gang busters and then slacked but am back on track for a total loss or 34 lbs to date. I have 2 favorite sayings, "I may have to grow old but I don't have to grow up" and "if broccoli tasted like potato chips, I wouldn't have a weight problem".
  • L1giff
    L1giff Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Soooo happy that you started this group! Thanks for the invite and I'm looking forward to the journey together!
  • zam1955
    zam1955 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to join your group.
    Looking forward to going thru this journey with you ladies.
    I'll be 58 in September but it is only a number as one of the ladies said.
  • vanhook
    vanhook Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello to all of you beautiful ladies! I have been struggling with losing weight and getting back into shape for over a year. Cancer had given me a swift kick but I fought back and am cancer free. Now I want to feel good and live life to the fullest. Looks like this group is going to be fun. Looking forward to being part of this group.
  • grannysmith54
    grannysmith54 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you invited me to the group, sounds like it will be fun. see you around
  • MsCarlalalala
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm so happy to be here! Nice to see a group of women that I can relate to. No teens or new moms. Will be nice to share the particular problems that come with losing weight and getting fit at our age.
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for the invite! :drinker:
  • ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for starting this group! I'm new to myfittnesspal, and looking forward to getting into better shape!
    Ruth
  • txteadrinker
    txteadrinker Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! I can't believe that we have 98 women in our group! Can you all imagine how powerful to each other we're going to be??:glasses:
  • SkagitYogini
    SkagitYogini Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    "if broccoli tasted like potato chips, I wouldn't have a weight problem".

Me either!
  • DRTChic
    DRTChic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I couldn't wait to turn 50 in February because it sounds so incredibly chic. I'm glad that we're here to support each other because those hormonal changes make weight loss a little more challenging.

Not sure how excited I am to turn 50 in September, but I do know about those hormonal changes...ugghhh...:ohwell:
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    I'm in!