Looking for accountability!

seot85
seot85 Posts: 1 Member
Hi all, I have been an active MFP user several years, focusing on calories in and calories out and constantly falling off and on the wagon. I found that I was always able to justify eating a cookie a coworker brought into work or a cosmo with my girlfriends as long as it fit into calorie goals. I ended up gaining more weight in the long run by allowing too many excuses. The structure of a ketogenic diet and following new macros have given me hope. I'm finally losing weight at a reasonable pace which has increased my motivation to stick with it, but I want this motivation to continue even if I hit a roadblock. Please add me so we can continue our support!

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    There are a few other recent "friend" threads going on also. Please check those out. I'm at a point where I'm struggling to keep up with all of my friends personally, and I'm not a diary stickler, so I'm probably not your best bet...but others will chime in soon.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    seot85 wrote: »
    Hi all, I have been an active MFP user several years, focusing on calories in and calories out and constantly falling off and on the wagon. I found that I was always able to justify eating a cookie a coworker brought into work or a cosmo with my girlfriends as long as it fit into calorie goals. I ended up gaining more weight in the long run by allowing too many excuses. The structure of a ketogenic diet and following new macros have given me hope. I'm finally losing weight at a reasonable pace which has increased my motivation to stick with it, but I want this motivation to continue even if I hit a roadblock. Please add me so we can continue our support!

I will add you. I need the accountability as well. I know keto works, I did it hardcore for just a few weeks and lost a lot of weight (a lot of water at first but also a lot of fat that I have kept off). I fell over due to traveling for work, out of town guests coming to stay for several days at a time, and also traveling to visited my long distance boyfriend. It's hard for me to stick to it when I have to cook for other people (guests) or if I'm unfamiliar with food choices around and unable to cook for my self (out of town travel). But really it's all just excused because if I really wanted to I could put in the effort to cook my guests keto meals or to make two separate meals for myself and for them, and to make better food choices when I am out of town.

I am attempting keto again but I hate meal prepping and cooking in general. I have a lot of left overs but I get sick of the say food after the second meal so that requires more cooking than I'd like. I often find myself snacking on apples and peanut butter or yogurt and fruit because it is quick and easy but both of those put me WELL over my carbs and my protein. So I need accountability as well.