Recipes, tried and true.

Options
mitfam
mitfam Posts: 18 Member
I love cooking, I love experimenting with food, spices and every recipe I come across I try and "tweak" it. I have a few tried and trusted recipes I thought I'd share over the next week or so, if you would like to indulge me. I shall endeavour to include the total calories, carbs, fat, sugar, protein and sodium per portion. Tweak, fiddle,add, exclude, whatever to your tastes. I don't claim to have invented ALL these recipes, many I have picked up over the years from magazines, diet groups or individuals BUT a few are my own. If anyone has any of their own recipes to share I'd love to see them.

NO PASTRY BASIC CHEESE AND ONION QUICHE. SERVES 4 -6

(4 servings, individual serving = 193 CALS, 7 CARBS, 10 FAT, 21 PROTEINS, 5 SUGAR 6 servings, individual serving = 128 CALS, 5 CARBS, 7 FAT, 14 PROTEINS, 3 SUGAR)

400g Sainsbury's be good to yourself cottage cheese
3 large 'happy eggs'
1 medium white onion chopped or thinly sliced
40g Cathedral City Mature Light Cheese

1. Gently 'fry' or rather simmer the onions in a little water until softer and clear.
Spread the cooked, well drained onion in the bottom of a prepared 1 cal sprayed quiche/flan dish.
2. In a bowl, mix together the cottage cheese and eggs. Stir gently but well Pour over the onions. Grate the hard cheese over the top of the quiche.
Cook in medium oven until the quiche feels firm but springy when gently prodded with a relevant utensil and the top is a yummy gold colour(about 30 mins??)

I approximate cooking times because my oven sucks and other ovens vary...
Sometimes I may add onion powder and or garlic powder to the mix. I have also added cooked courgette or tomatoes or cooked bacon or cooked sliced or diced potatoes, but you would have to allow for their individual 'nutritional information' totals and add them to the basic recipe here. The ingredients I used here are simply the ones I use as a personal preference :)

Finally, my computer is sic so I am using my kindle. It's slow going and I cannot remove the predictive text.( See, 'sick' for sic. I can spell honestly..... LOL. ) Anyway apologies for any glaring mistakes.

AND FINALLY...... ENJOY!!

Replies