Weekly Weigh-in: 09-19-16

Options
Variant3
Variant3 Posts: 44 Member
edited September 2016 in Social Groups
Happy Monday Everyone!

We are well into September now, and the spookiest month of the year will soon be upon us.

I, for one, can't wait.

B) Have a good week everyone! B)

Replies

• rwhansen74
    rwhansen74 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Festivals did me in again!! :s

Last Week: 343.2 lbs
    This Week: 348 lbs (+4.8 lbs)

Start weight: 345.2 lbs
    Total GAINED: 2.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 299.9 lbs

This will probably level out fine in a couple of days, but I was at Riot Fest in Chicago all weekend, and while I did get 15-20k fitbit steps every day, I also ate and drank a lot of trash (ESPECIALLY yesterday), and hit up fast food on my way to and from the fest almost every day.

But because I've gone backwards after being in here for maybe six or seven weeks, going to either hit the gym or take a very long walk every day this week. And I think October might be a no alcohol month for me. I'm setting a micro goal of losing 20 lbs from my start weight by December, so I need to get it in gear.

Hope everyone did better than me, and if not, that's okay! Let's turn it around together.
  • wagetty
    wagetty Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group so this is my first weigh in. Good to have a reason to keep up with it regularly.

This week: 271lbs

I started regular exercise back in January because of some programs with my works insurance (they raise our premiums if we are under a certain point level) and a couple of bad doctor visits. Started just walking in my neighborhood but summer it and it was too brutal to keep up (southern heat) so I joined a gym to get ac on a treadmill. Turns out I was terrible at keeping a pace and saw my results shoot up. I'd like to start doing weights but don't know where to start.

Anyways, good to see a group of people working toward a similar goal. Thanks Dave Lang for creating and pushing this on the cast.
  • nigiokas
    nigiokas Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 292 lbs
    Last week: 282.5 lbs
    This week: 285 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs for now

Well the first time gaining weight since I've joined the group. I haven't been very active this week but I haven't been stuffing my face as much on some days. I just need to start eating better but it's tough when there's bad food in front me. Hopefully this week I can get back on track.

Have an awesome week everyone!
  • ColtonrDaniels
    ColtonrDaniels Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    wagetty wrote: »
    Just joined the group so this is my first weigh in. Good to have a reason to keep up with it regularly.
    Turns out I was terrible at keeping a pace and saw my results shoot up. I'd like to start doing weights but don't know where to start.

Heya weights is a great way to and burn and churn it. Start small! Don't go lifting 50 pounds 100 times as fast as you can. Weights are pretty much pound for $ so, get you some 10's and 20's (About $60) And just follow training apps and videos. Make sure you are properly doing them. If you are at a gym, go ahead and start doing all the machines with low reps and low weights. Hope to see some updates!

• ColtonrDaniels
    ColtonrDaniels Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    nigiokas wrote: »
    Well, the first time gaining weight since I've joined the group. I haven't been very active this week but I haven't been stuffing my face as much on some days.

That's this week for me, I'm covering an admin at work and it's a bunch of computer work so I know not eating anything and not exercising means that stuff is just gonna sit there. I have to find some time and just walk for a few hours.
  • Squirrelnaut
    Squirrelnaut Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Another very small loss this week. This plateau is bumming me out.

Last Week: 340 lbs
    This Week: 339.6 lbs (-0.4 lbs)

Starting GFB weight: 359.4
    Total lost with Team GFB: 19.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 300 (for now)

Actual Starting weight: 415
    Total lost: 75.4