FitBit & MFP stopped syncing & won't reconnect

Options
124»

Replies

• lanky007
    lanky007 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thanks! I have an android and will try this......no connection all week! really messing with my routine!
  • lanky007
    Options
    Darn! that didn't work. So frustrated!
  • lanky007
    Options
    PLEASE HELP!! I am not the only one out there with problem. I know that MFP can see my fitbit as I can see my counts in the reports section. How in the heck do I get MFP to adjust my calories as it used to do...up till about a week ago.....HELP HELP HELP....I am not too proud to beg!
  • AMRROL
    AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. Frustrating
    lanky007 wrote: »
    PLEASE HELP!! I am not the only one out there with problem. I know that MFP can see my fitbit as I can see my counts in the reports section. How in the heck do I get MFP to adjust my calories as it used to do...up till about a week ago.....HELP HELP HELP....I am not too proud to beg!

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I would suggest following all the troubleshooting steps on this page that MFP has provided: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1427466-what-if-data-doesn-t-appear-to-be-syncing-from-fitbit-to-myfitnesspal-

If it still doesn't work then at least you'll have specific information to post about what you've tried and what happened - either for posting here or for communicating with MFP support. Just posting that it isn't working doesn't provide enough information for anyone to help, so they aren't going respond.
  • clarkkimberley80
    clarkkimberley80 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Mine's been down for weeks. It's "connected" but the activity from fitbit is not talking to myfitnesspal. Super frustrating. I even switched over to LoseIt but i don't like that i have to take the band off to make my workouts count correctly (I don't trust the calorie amounts on fitbit entirely. It's usually 200-300 more than what myfitnesspal gives me.

I'm definitely about ready to give up on myfitnesspal, that's for sure.
  • zodybee
    zodybee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mine still not working! I disconnected MFP from Fitbit and reconnect several days ago and still NOTHING! Food consumed is showing up on Fitbit however calories burned is not showing up on MFP nor are the calories burned showing up on my Fitbit daily download. This has been ongoing since September 9th! Please fix!
  • kschramm7
    kschramm7 Posts: 72 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Mine's not working either. It shows my steps in reports so SOME of the data is getting to MFP, but I'm not seeing calories burned. I've disconnected, logged off, logged back in and reconnected several times without success. Frustrating.

BTW, just checked. Mine stopped working sometime during the day on 9/16.
  • zodybee
    zodybee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mine too! No syncing since September 9th. Not good! I seem to be guessing at the calories burned which doesn't work for me. Maybe I should just be logging the foods eaten into Fitbit
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    zodybee wrote: »
    Mine still not working! I disconnected MFP from Fitbit and reconnect several days ago and still NOTHING! Food consumed is showing up on Fitbit however calories burned is not showing up on MFP nor are the calories burned showing up on my Fitbit daily download. This has been ongoing since September 9th! Please fix!

Mine too! No syncing since September 9th. Not good! I seem to be guessing at the calories burned which doesn't work for me. Maybe I should just be logging the foods eaten into Fitbit

Question on this - "nor are the calories burned showing up on my Fitbit daily download"?

So you mean the increased calories from a workout, or daily burn what you can visibly see on the device, are NOT showing up on the Fitbit Dashboard?

If stat's aren't getting to your Fitbit account - of course they can't get to the MFP account.

And what calories burned are you guessing at, you mean the daily total?

For simple method through the day - look at device, see what it says for daily burn - subtract 500 or whatever your deficit is, eat up to that amount as shown by MFP, never mind MFP's goal.

You should have a general idea of what your daily burn is too for at least getting up until dinner probably, then some fine tuning needed.