What is your favorite DVD in the em2wl "store"? Getting ready to order and really unsure!

Options
I read through all of the descriptions and decided that the ChaLEAN choice looked good, but then saw that it was no longer available :((( Can some of you share your choices between those listed and WHY you chose that particular option?

Also, a few words of wisdom needed. I have been inactive now (i.e., no cardio) since the beginning of September because I think it is part of the problem with my slowed metabolism, but I can't handle being 100% inactive! I thought I would give it a few months of NO activity with ADDED calories (I am up to 1450 - 1500 per day, from a starting point of 1300 calories), but think I am going to add 2X a week of strength training NOW vs. in a few months. I just don't feel like me being so inactive. Hopefully this won't decrease my metabolism any further - right? As long as I keep increasing over what I had before??

Replies

• empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Added in strength training now is the best idea. As long as you include hose workouts in your TDEE calculations, you'll be fine.
    DVD wise, I would recommend anything by Cathe!
    She is my favourite workout DVD, as close as you can get to having a personal trainer. Explains form really well, you can do the workouts at a gym or workout at home.
    For months of hassle free periodised workouts, I would go with STS. It's a brilliant series that takes you through endurance, hypertrophy and strength phases.
    But yeah, choose Cathe and you can't go wrong!
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and moderator
  • misskitty0816
    misskitty0816 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @empressichel ! I appreciate that feedback. Lots of choices and just a little unsure! I am so ready to get moving on this :)).
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge STS fan here! Not so he easiest program, but challenging enough that you can see results!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @misskitty0816 I love Chalean. I am doingChaLean extreme. I love how fun and encouraging she is. I follow her podcasts and on Facebook. I have a membership to Beach Body on Demand. I can stream tons of videos from a dozen or more trainers. They have videos of cardio to strength training to yoga. Beginners to advanced. Even for during your pregnancy. There is a free 30 day trial. The company adds new programs to the on demand membership every so often. And they are going world wide so that's nice. You can stream them from computer, smart phone or on Apple TV app. I have their app on my phone and stream from there. Beach body workouts connect to my Apple Watch to add calorie count for workouts. They also have cooking videos. (No I don't get a kick back from them, just love the set up.)