New to MFP & Fighting the try/quit/try/quit cycle

Options
Hello!

This is my 7th day with MFP. All of my life I guess I have eaten to deal with daily struggles. And now trying to work on emotional eating is just another struggle that is making me want to eat!
If anyone can relate to that I could sure use a friend.

Thanks,
Joyce Ann

Replies

• ReneeDawalga5100
    ReneeDawalga5100 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I do good and then something happens and I eat everything and then I feel down. Then start all over!
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! I can oh so relate. My emotional eating along with my eating disorder (which probably go hand in hand) have added about 90lbs to my body over the years. It's very difficult to deal with and gain control over. I'm here if you ever need a shoulder or support.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Its great to have people here who get honest about the real struggles they have.
    The really wonderful thing is we keep coming back and foot forward.
    I somehow think, looking back, its going to be more about the willingness we had to keep trying than anything else. That is going to carry us through.
    I'm struggeling atm, coming to my mfp groups, logging, reading what other people are doing helps.
    I also think about what giving in to cravings will do. I won't like the feeling I get an hour after, a day after or a month after unlimted eating that never solves the emotional turmoils or the problems that cause them. One Day at a Time. Stay wih your food plan for today, tomarrow is a long way away if the focus is on this moment in time. Glad you all are here!
  • GalatiansTwoTwenty
    Options
    Thank you all so much for responding! You are all wonderful!