Canadian fasting BG numbers

Options
Snooozie
Snooozie Posts: 3,444 Member
Hi all.. I love this group, but I do find it a bit time consuming to convert the US fasting blood glucose fasting numbers into the system we use here in Canada (thankfully there is a quick online conversion page at http://www.onlineconversion.com/blood_sugar.htm

but I was wondering if there were any other Canadians in the group, who could post their fasting BG numbers as well? (if that's ok with the group itself - if not mod pls feel free to delete this discussion :)

My A1C was up significantly at my last check so I've taken a few refresher courses at the Diabetes Management Centre, and am working on getting back to a good place...

My fasting BG was 7.1 this morning

Replies

• judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I post my Canadian blood sugar and Us. IT's not that difficult. YOu take your Cda numberr, multiply by 18 to get the US number
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I knoq its not hard, its simply time consuming to convert everyone's when I want to read thru the postings
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi Snoozie! There are a number of Canadians. I usually post in both. What part of Canada are you from? I live in Ottawa. 5.0 (90)
    I am was taken off metformin in April and glucose is in normal range usually but I do running, swimming, strength training and always walking with 1 day rest per week. That helps. I eat nearly all whole food but all groups. Good luck and welcome!!!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Hi Jane - thanks for the reply I guess while I was scrolling thru the topic of fasting replies I never saw a Canadian number - I was popping out to convert each reply from my friends in the states so I will check further now

I'm in Toronto - and my goal is to get off the Half dose of metformin I'm on now... I was doing really well the first 2 years here but slowly bad habits crept back and now I'm re educating myself and back on track .... So you are definitely an inspiration (as are the others in this group ). Congrats on your success btw - well done you
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Sorry Snoozie if my response sounded snarky. I was just looking at it, and that's how it read to me. I'm also in Ottawa and post both numbers. I'm sure with inspiration from people here, as well as re-committing to a health lifestyle, you'll be off your meds soon.
    Good luck on your journey.
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    4.6 at 7:30....slept in a little as I was up till 2 doing the second birthday cake in 2 days haha!! I told them they should have spread out their birthdays :)
    A NSV is I didn't taste icing or eat cake scraps despite the cake having Irish Cream Swiss Meringue buttercream in the filling and mistily iced. This time if was an Excalibur sword cake...simple but it was time constraints....my poor dogs largely ignored for 2 days.
    Have a great day all!!!!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    No worries Judy...

Jane - that's a huge NSV in my world lol - well done you!!!

Mods for the group - you can delete this discussion now that I've discovered people post both types of numbers in the regular thread. Many thanks.