Vegan low carb, high protein?

Options
Any suggestions on a high protein low carb vegan diet. I find it difficult to reduce carbs as most vegan food choices have them... Any suggestions?

Replies

• carolinewallace
    carolinewallace Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    TVP (textured vegetable protein aka defatted soy flower). Soy protein isolate and pea protein isolate (cheap, relatively easy to find, neutral flavor, although pea protein does have a stronger taste). I use SPI and PPI for baking muffins and making mug cakes as well as making protein balls. You'll have to experiment with measurements, I typically do half soy protein isolate and half gluten free oats or half SPI and half mix of coconut flour and almond flour. Peanut flour! Adzuki bean pasta made by Explore Cuisine, this brand has a variety of higher protein pastas and they are not as high carb as grain pasta, and the 21 grams of protein per 56 grams of pasta (around like 26 carbs per 56 g) is kind of a no-brainer. Kale. Spinach. Peas. Bean shoots! Beans, beans, beans (even using half a serving adds a few grams of protein without so many carbs).
  • carolinewallace
    carolinewallace Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ALSO! Nugo Slim VEGAN (they make slim bars in non-vegan too, if it is a vegan one you will see it clearly labeled on the front in a white bubble w black text) and D's Naturals No Cow Bars.
    I have definitely done the high protein, low-carb thing. I must say, after doing research and really testing out (over about a year) what makes my body feel the best, I have found that by focusing a little less on making sure I smash the protein macros and by eating as much fruit as I want (any kind, I have a sensitive stomach though and bananas, berries, grapes work well for me), not only do I not crave sugar and fatty foods (candy, cookies, chips, oil, junky garbage) really ever, I also have noticed a few really big differences. My muscles are more defined, I wake up feeling lighter, I have more energy to kill it for each work out, my skin is clear, digestion great, the list goes on and on.