Experiences transitioning from under 20 to 30-50 carbs?

Options
JessicaMcB
JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
I've been keto since February and am working on maintenance now that I've cut further than intended. I want more veg-i-liciousness in my life but don't want to start bonking on trail (I run 60+km a week) by going out of keto. Thoughts? Experiences?

TIA!

jws2lnl9i60e.jpg

Replies

• carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have no ideas but just wanted to say YOU LOOK AMAZING! congrats on all your losses :)
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion, since you are on maintenance and exercise intensely each day, I doubt adding those extra carbs would make any difference. Your before and after photos are amazing!! Congratulations on dedication.
  • Laurashar34
    Laurashar34 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have no advice to give but just wanted to say you look fantastic! Massive congratulations on the results of your hard work
  • Roseygirl1
    Roseygirl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    May I ask, were you running before losing weight? Or did you start somewhere along your journey?

Thanks,
    Rosey
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Great progress! I read that 50 carbs is the max ceiling for staying in ketosis, but if you're in maintenance and want to stay that weight couldn't you sort of graduate to low carb (ie 150g or less)? Either way I guess you can keep peeing on sticks and increasing your carbs slowly every few days to find out where your max is at. Lol.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    carom wrote: »
    I have no ideas but just wanted to say YOU LOOK AMAZING! congrats on all your losses :)

This! Congrats!!!
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are an inspiration. WTG!!!
  • 53YOWM
    53YOWM Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Well done!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your kind feedback <3 . Sorry to take so long to respond, three kids under four!

My main concern is being out of ketosis and bonking because of minimal glycogen stores. Can anyone speak to whether I am overthrowing this?
  • 53YOWM
    53YOWM Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My guess is that the idea of @samanthaluangphixay where you eat your veggies before you run might work. But it's really only a guess.