Boyfriend thinks I'm going to stroke out!

Options
My boyfriend keeps making comments and seems worried I'm going to die of heart disease from eating LCHF. He's such an oatmeal and pancakes kind of guy I don't think he gets it that some people just cannot eat that way and feel full for more than two hours. I explained it to him but he keeps giving me weird looks when I'm making food for myself.

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    LCHF athletes may be good too Peter Attia is great. Maybe Ben Greenfield or Menno Hesselman.

Keto Clarity is an easy read.

The Perfect Human diet is a good LCHF short documentary too. Fat Head is more fun to watch though. Watch Supersize Me first. ;)
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Yeah. That sounds like my brother, my sister's mother, and my dad. Only I'm going to kick the bucket because of cholesterol apparently.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    @baconslave - Wow - your lipid #s are amazing. Congrats!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    They get over that pretty quick as they see you get healthier and happier just wait it out.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I get the same comments from my mother and coworkers and I just keep telling them the dietary information we were programmed with when we were coming up in grade school about the food pyramid and the correlation between fat and heart disease are just plain incorrect and debunked. I also tell them that most general physicians are miseducated regarding nutrition as well and tell them to do their own research. They don't want to so they just stop, until next time. It's always a struggle.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Make him read The Testosterone Advantage Plan.
  • kdz0444
    kdz0444 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My husband just worries I'm not getting enough to eat or enough nutrients in my food. I refused to eat banana the other day mostly cause I just really hate them but also they are way too sweet now. Sometimes he seems more worried than when I didn't eat any veggies at all...lol
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Last year my TC was 183 and HDL 60 before LCHF. My next screening for work is in 2 weeks, can't wait to see the results this year.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem with my hubby. I just explained to him that I've researched it and read books by doctors who practice this woe have have saved me lots of time by reading and publishing the latest data on it. Once he understood it wasn't some "fad" diet given to me by a girlfriend, he calmed down a bit. He still doesn't agree but now just says "do want you want." I'm okay living with his indifference.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Tell him to educate himself before making judgements. I second making him watch a documentary or listening to a few podcasts by Mark Sisson, Ben Greenfield, or Abel James.

Have your partner support your nutrition decisions is pretty important, especially if you are trying to lose weight. My boyfriend completely derailed me off my previous died (bodybuilder style).....and while I was mad he couldn't be supportive - I also now see that he just really cared about me and wanted me to eat healthy food that was supported by science. If I didn't come around to the LCHF/Keto stuff....we would be broken up by now.