Amazing what a little kindness can do...

Options
2»

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Lol we all know what she meant :D
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    We are so glad you are part of our ever-expanding happy LFHC family @Shadowmf023!! :)<3

LCHF you mean... :tongue: :heart:

Sometimes dyslexic I am. Fingers do not follow thoughts on keyboard. Thanks for putting up with me.
  • freckles2002
    freckles2002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this group. So helpful and informative. I've learned so much here in the last 7 weeks. Awesome.
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people type the right letters in the wrong order. And sometimes it is on purpose. Like I have CDO. It's the same as OCD but in alphabetical order like it should be.

Back to the topic, this is the one and only group I participate in. Everyone is kind and supportive. The other benefit is there are none of those juvenile would-you-date-the-person-above-you? topics.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    Sometimes people type the right letters in the wrong order. And sometimes it is on purpose. Like I have CDO. It's the same as OCD but in alphabetical order like it should be.

Back to the topic, this is the one and only group I participate in. Everyone is kind and supportive. The other benefit is there are none of those juvenile would-you-date-the-person-above-you? topics.

But on a SERIOUS note now - would you date the person above you???? :lol:
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Har-de-har-har. ;)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    :D
    Yep. This group is a HUGE help to me too. Thanks all!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »

Hell yes! People here are funny!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I love this forum. I've learn a hellov a lot.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    I'm sure you've all noticed that I'm very chatty on this group! I tend to come out of my shell around friendly folk. And I'm happy to announce that I view every one of you as a friend, no matter what your goals are. :smile:

I :heart: this group - and I would have even if I weren't doing LCHF. There really is nothing more to say. :wink:

You have no idea how happy I am to hear this. The group leaders, as well as many of the older members who have been here for ages, made it a group mission to make this the most welcoming place and friendly place for all low-carbers on MFP. We wanted a place of our own where everyone could comfortably be themselves and learn what low-carb path made the most sense for them. A place where everyone was respected for their own intelligence and decisions and treated as an expert (or burgeoning expert) on their own body and health.

It isn't perfect here, but over the years I think we have come very close to meeting that goal. In fact, I only stay at MFP for this group. I don't log/track (as it's not part of my plan). I don't participate in many other locations on the forums. It's my friends here that keep me around. Even when I have been away for a while, I come back and feel right at home here.

Another thing is, in the past when I still had my first MFP profile, I used to feel ashamed whenever things didn't go according to plan and my friends would see it. And then I'd freak out and delete everyone because I was afraid that they might judge me.

I feel very different around my LC friends and this group. I can talk about my struggles and they're just supportive and understanding no matter what I've told them so far. I've never been afraid to share anything here. I love it.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    If it were not for this group, I would definitely not be LCHF. I asked for help with electrolyte imbalance and received advice and threads to read. I am now almost 5 lbs from goal and owe much to these forums. Aside from knowledge, it is nice to know you are not walking alone on this journey.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options

Heck, yes! I would date ALL of you!! lol :D
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »

Heck, yes! I would date ALL of you!! lol :D

<3<3 Shall we all meet for happy hour in Negril or Plato's Retreat next Wednesday after work?* <3<3

• LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I very quickly joined this group after having a gander at the main forums.

I don't have a lot of weight to lose, and so it's hard to stay on point sometimes, but it's nice enough in here that I check in every day -- and so every day I am reminded of my goals. I think that, more than counting and measuring, has kept me on track.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    It's great being around like-minded people. My roommate is the only person I can talk to my diet about who has the slightly understanding and support (she eats whole30). No one else in my life understands low carb and especially not keto. So I would really be struggling if not for this group as well as the keto group which I know many of you are in that as well.

Amen! Only my adult daughter gets it. Even my husband who is supposed to be doing this with me has no clue. The other day he made lunch: tuna salad (good) on celery sticks (good) with a side cup of mandarin oranges (whaaaaa?!?). Oy vey.

This group is very supportive and several of you should write books you know so much!