Calories? Macros?

Options
Suplife79
Suplife79 Posts: 7 Member
edited September 2016 in Social Groups
How many calories are you set up at? What about macros? I have my calories at the standard 1200 and my carb intake at 5%, protein at 30%, fat at 65%.

I did atkins back in HS (eons ago) and lost lots of weight the first 2 weeks. I fell off and gained it all back. I pretty much only did it for prom. 20 years later I'm going keto again, but i never tracked when doing lchf.

Please let me know where your cals and macs are at where you're still losing weight. I'm about 5'6, 175.

Replies

• Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a lot shorter than you at 5'2. My goal currently is also maintenance for a bulking phase, but when I was losing, my calories were set at 1300. And macros were 10% carbs, 25% protein and 65% fat. So basically keto level low carb. That was about 1lb p/week loss.

Your calorie goals might actually be more than mine because you're taller. And as far as macros go, your carbs depend on your tolerance level (how much you can eat without binging), and then 20% protein if your not exercising, 25-30% if you are, and then the rest is fat.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    5'6", Female, 59-60 years old during losing phase. 60-62 during maintenance. So older than you.

Losing phase: 1380-1200 as weight went down from 203-140 so 175 in in there somewhere.

Maintenance calories given by MFP are 1530. I have mine set to 1450 because at this stage of the game I don't measure precisely and 1450 gives me a "mental warm fuzzy".

Macros are set to 5% carbs, 20% protein, 75% fat. I have no experience regarding weight loss and LC/HF because I switched to it in maintenance. Hope the above answers your question/s to a degree. My opinion is you should lose just fine at 1200 given your youth especially if you get any sort of activity/exercise in your day (unless of course you have some sort of underlying medical issue that interferes with weight loss). You could probably eat MORE than 1200.

Here are my FWIW suggestions:
    Trust the calorie numbers given by MFP and weigh and measure your food.

The reason I suggest the later is because since LC/HF is a recent WOE for you, "eyeballing" food can be very deceptive. At least it was for me.

During weight loss, I ate 40/30/30. My plate was heaped and full of vegetables without added fats. Now @ 5c/20p/75f, nearly everything I eat is very much a FAT FILLED FOOD. Loaded with calories. Tiny amounts comparatively. I really had to get used to an empty looking plate because I went from a calorie counting volume eater to a calorie counting fat eater.

LC/HF has been a very positive experience related to satiation and learning portion control.