Whatchu talkin bout Willis? ACRONYMS EXPLAINED

Options
Sunny_Bunny_
Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
Hello fellow LCers,
Do you find yourself confused about all the talk of NSV's, WOE and the adoration of HWC everyone seems to have?
Well, we will try to solve these riddles for you here. Any questions, feel free to ask.

I'll get us started

NSV = Non Scale Victory
All your non weight loss related successes
WOE = Way Of Eating
Weather you're keto, low carb, slow carb or other, that is your WOE
HWC = Heavy Whipping Cream
also known as Double Cream in some places is your full fat cream that many of us dairy eaters like in coffee, eggs and sauces.

Alright, I'll ask the community to add to this list.
Please bold Type the acronym so it's easier to spot.

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    edited September 2016
    Options
    TDEE = Total Daily Energy Expenditure
    This is the total calories you burn in a day. The calories you need to eat to maintain your current weight.
    LCHF = Low Carb High Fat
    TOM = Time Of Month for the ladies
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    OP = Original Post ( I'm not sure this is correct, is it?)
  • jmd543
    jmd543 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    YMMV = Your mileage may vary; effectiveness varies as bodies do
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    IIFYM - If it fits your macros
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    suzqtme wrote: »
    Thanks for starting this thread! Here's mine:

Kitten: MFP replacement for 4 letter words! >:)

My first day here I thought there was this odd obsession with kittens. I've been off forums for a while and this is a new addition
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    For fitness fanatics or aspiring fitness fanatics :wink:

TKD - The Targeted Ketogenic Diet - Nothing more than a regular keto diet – with the exception of eating carbs around your workout times. That means any day you exercise, you will be consuming carbohydrates. It’s most appropriate for beginner or intermediate strength trainers.

CKD - Cyclical Ketogenic Diet - Instead of ingesting small amounts of carbohydrates around your workouts, the cyclical ketogenic diet devotes one to two FULL days of high carbohydrate consumption in order to fully refill muscle glycogen stores. This means that CKDs are not for beginners that are not able to perform the necessary amount or intensity of training. You must completely deplete glycogen stores each week in order to have a successful CKD.

Source: Ruled.me. :tongue:
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Huh. It is kitten for all of them. I thought I saw a puppy or something else out there once. LOL

ETA (edited to add) I Edited to add my above sentence after typing a list of kitten type words to test it but after I editted it the actual words appeared so I deleted my test list. LOL :D
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Huh. It is kitten for all of them. I thought I saw a puppy or something else out there once. LOL

ETA (edited to add) I Edited to add my above sentence after typing a list of kitten type words to test it but after I editted it the actual words appeared so I deleted my test list. LOL :D

Some of us like puppies too, and since MFP won't add them for us, we do it ourselves. :tongue:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    MCT oil: Medium Chain Triglyceride oil
    "MCTs or Medium Chain Triglycerides (of Medium Chain Fatty Acids) are fatty acids of a certain length, as the name suggests. MCT oil is an oil made up of one or more of these medium chain triglycerides and it is translucent and tasteless liquid at room temperature."
    and that's all I know about it.
    http://wellnessmama.com/98671/benefits-mct-oil/

YMMV: I use that for "your macros may vary" as well. :tongue:
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
  • madkcole
    madkcole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you for explaining "kitten." I was so confused by this that I Googled it, only to be told it's a baby cat.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    IIFYM - If it fits your macros

Thanks for this, I had no idea what that meant :)
  • Riche120
    Riche120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    This should go on the launch pad :)
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Not an acronym but worth mentioning that "shark week" is also used to refer to the time of month for ladies. The first time I saw the expression it actually WAS shark week on TV and I was a bit confused for a while :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Cyndi146 wrote: »
    Not an acronym but worth mentioning that "shark week" is also used to refer to the time of month for ladies. The first time I saw the expression it actually WAS shark week on TV and I was a bit confused for a while :)

Good catch!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

Some of us like puppies too, and since MFP won't add them for us, we do it ourselves. :tongue:

:D
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    SO Significant Other
    GF Girlfriend
    DH Dear Husband
  • KetoGirl_ZC
    KetoGirl_ZC Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    @DittoDan has a long list that I refer to when in doubt. Maybe merge both?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/DittoDan/view/blog-10-keto-abbreviations-acronyms-terminology-698398

::flowerforyou::