Non-Scale Victories

Options
bowlerae
bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
Do we have a thread for this? I have not seen it.

My coworker today was selling (milk) chocolate bars for his daughter's orchestra. I told him I couldn't eat that because I have eliminated added sugar and can only do low carb dark chocolate. I still gave him a few dollars as a donation. He asked if I was sure I didn't want to take a few bars just to give out to friends or people I know. But honestly I was thinking about it and I would just feel awful if I offered a friend something that is not good for them even though they would readily accept free chocolate bars. I wasn't even tempted when I saw the chocolate bars. I checked the nutrition labels and I was completely turned off.

BTW I am a chocolate FIEND.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment. And I SOOOO agree about, "if it's not healthy for me, why on earth would I *poison* my friends? If they choose to do it themselves, that's one thing, but I'm not doing it for them!"

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10108792/nsvs#latest
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    ahhh thanks for the link @KnitOrMiss
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    You are most welcome. A lot gets lost in the shuffle around here, especially if you accidentally blink. ;) Since we went private to protect the info posted by members, it's been a bit harder to find things. I tend to email myself information and/or links if I want to remember something...and it's a good bad that SOMEONE SOMEWHERE here probably saved something somewhere...plus the stickied post is PURE GOLD... Just sayin'.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV!