Scale Less September-The End

Options
genmon00
genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
Already shared this on my feed so sorry to my friends :)

SOOOOO I decided to weigh myself today since I won't have access to the state of the art scale I have at work on 10/1. And the scale says I lost...drum roll please....ZERO POUNDS! However, I did measure myself and I'm down an inch in my waist. I'm eating the same amount of calories and exercising a heck of a lot more so I don't what else I can be doing to "lose weight". Although I'm disappointed the scale hasn't moved, I do have other things I proud of, like completely challenging work outs, being consistent in exercise and eating under 35 carbs a day (most days). Even today, my boss brought like 5 boxes of donuts, bagels and cream cheese to celebrate her birthday. Its literally 5 feet from my office. And it does not tempt me at all. I think that is waaaay better measure of how this WOE works!

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    Already shared this on my feed so sorry to my friends :)

SOOOOO I decided to weigh myself today since I won't have access to the state of the art scale I have at work on 10/1. And the scale says I lost...drum roll please....ZERO POUNDS! However, I did measure myself and I'm down an inch in my waist. I'm eating the same amount of calories and exercising a heck of a lot more so I don't what else I can be doing to "lose weight". Although I'm disappointed the scale hasn't moved, I do have other things I proud of, like completely challenging work outs, being consistent in exercise and eating under 35 carbs a day (most days). Even today, my boss brought like 5 boxes of donuts, bagels and cream cheese to celebrate her birthday. Its literally 5 feet from my office. And it does not tempt me at all. I think that is waaaay better measure of how this WOE works!

Reading your post, I am seeing a lot of victories!

Consistent exercise, challenging yourself, eating within your carb limits, and ignoring the birthday office treats, losing in your waist...I'm very proud of you! You are doing such a great job and I know it's not easy to ignore the scale, but you are showing how successful you can be without it!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Thanks @samanthaluangphixay! Its hard to ignore that lying freakin scale, lol, but I do feel victorious! And strong! And generally good about myself :) I always think about you and @Sunny_Bunny_ and how evident it is that your are losing BF yet the scale doesn't move.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    The scale's an evil little turkey. Great job sticking to you not weighing goal and for the progress made this month!!!