Many THANK YOUs to the OG's

Options
genmon00
genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
edited September 2016 in Social Groups
I just want to say THANK YOU! to all the oldie but goodies of this board! I know many of you have been following the LC woe for a while now and still stick around to help out all of us newbies. I really appreciate all of your words of advice and knowledge that you share so freely.
b8bp8zi2dl1x.jpg

@FIT_Goat
@baconslave
@Sunny_Bunny_
@KnitOrMiss
@auntstephie321
@RalfLott
@Gallowmere1984

And many more!

Replies

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Here here!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah!!!! Too awesome, they are. <3
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I agree with @FIT_Goat if it weren't for ask the new people coming in regularly I don't know if I'd still be around. I love all those who started the same time I did and we've learned so much from each other, but new friends being reminders of how I felt when starting out. Truthfully all of you have been phenomenally more successful and dedicated than I have ever been. You've all inspired me to keep coming back each day trying to make things work the best I can for me, and offer any advice when I see other struggling the way I have.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Ditto...yall saved my butt lotsa times!!!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    how could I forget to add @Karlottap and @Dragonwolf !
  • GetBackSuzy
    GetBackSuzy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A huge thank you to you all from me too. I post very rarely but have gained so much from reading your advice and looking at the links and videos on this forum. Thanks to everyone for being here. You are the best.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    There's also
    @Sabine_Stroehm
    @Foamroller

I'm sure we're forgetting other bad *kitten* OG's but we appreciate you!!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    What they all said!! I love this place, I have learned so much here, and you old timers never seem tired of probably answering the same questions over and over again to educate us all.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of surprised and honored to be on this list, but you're all so welcome. I agree with all the rest of the "OG" Crew above. If it weren't for the awesome members here, MFP just wouldn't be the same.

Most of y'all have read about my continuing struggles (all over the map, there are so many from which to choose!), and I'm far from a "success case" overall, but I'm still finding my way. If it weren't for some of the questions, discussion, and associated research that has come up - even recently, I wouldn't be were I am.

It was just February or March that a discussion prompted me to look into low stomach acid.

It's been less than 4 months since continuing discussions about thyroid led me to adding an additional medication in...

It's been 2-3 months since I really started getting into the biohacking supplement game (for friends and myself) specifically for mood, addiction healing, and treating sugar issues/insulin resistance.

And I originally went low carb back in January of 2015. That's more than 18 months ago. If as little as a month ago, or heck, even this week!!!!!!, I learned a single thing, it's a sure fire indication that I still need to be here.

I'm very passionate about helping others find their path whether that's here, elsewhere, or anything in between. Helping folks like that is probably where I need to direct my career attentions, as it's one of the only things that brings me a significant level of fulfillment these days, as I'm still one of those 40 year old broads who has no idea what to do with herself "when she grows up!" LOL

I've met some really awesome people in this group. I think that a certain portion of the population are just wired a certain way, and so I come here often to find "my people," people who aren't afraid to think outside the box, try strange things, be total geeks and nerds about data or experimenting, and just be themselves, insecurities and all...

So I guess to all y'all, thanks for being here, too, and just being y'all...whether it's been 5 minutes or 5 years...
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    <3 To all.