What nobody tells you about loosing weight

Options
Bonny132
Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
Your body suddenly goes all wobbly

Your skinny clothes you saved is now 10 years out of date

What you thought you would look good in, does no longer apply, your curves has all changed

Your taste buds changes

You have discovered what hunger really feels like

Your complexion changes

Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    @mandycat223 - Very true!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Those who lose a LOT of weight may well find out that the people you considered lifelong friends suddenly are not. (*) Big changes can trigger serious anxiety and even hostility. My personal response to this is "Good riddance" but your mileage may differ. Either way, be aware it can happen.

(*) For various reasons, this applies mainly to women. Guys who slim down are heroes. Gals are a threat.

That's just dammed sad, and yeah, good riddance!!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Your bed becomes less comfortable. Darn it.

I still want to eat more than I should. My appetite really dropped off for a while, but it came back. I still need to decide to stop eating before I would rather.

Speaking of old clothes, I had a an old polyester track jacket from the early 80s that I kept and fits. It's cool for it's "retro"ness now. The kids were blown away by the texture of true, don't bring it near a flame, polyester. LOL

Socks fit better. Never expected that one.

Omg I'm going through this right now, took me a but to figure out why I was waking up in pain when nothing had changed, except the amount of extra fat on my body. I ordered a new bed one I realized what was going on.

That happened to the couch we have by our tv too. I can't sit in it for more than an hour or I hurt. If I want to watch a movie I put it on my laptop and watch it in another chair.
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Those beautiful linen ankle pants that are so fashionable, suddenly are too long, and the crotch is far too low now!
    You look more like bag lady than full figured fashionplate!
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    bjmcq wrote: »
    Those beautiful linen ankle pants that are so fashionable, suddenly are too long, and the crotch is far too low now!
    You look more like bag lady than full figured fashionplate!

One of the first things that got too big was a pair of shorts that I could barely button before I started losing weight. My husband (lovingly and with humor) told me to throw them out because I looked like an old bag lady. I'm keeping them as my only "before" piece of clothing.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    My *kitten* hurts no matter where I sit if I sit more than 30 minutes these days
  • gunnerslove77
    gunnerslove77 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You always bang your hip into things :D and your far to old to ware the old mini dresses you've saved to grow back into..
  • Mommytee3x
    Mommytee3x Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Things are harder to carry, you no longer have big hips to rest them on!
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    we are LIGHTER and that is a huge "win".

we are contributing less to over-consumption of the world's resourcses.

we probably (if we could meaure it) have to buy gas for our vehicles less often.

according to some sources, the brain prefers to burn ketones rather than glucose.

Oh Yea!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    Your rings will fall off your fingers.

This!!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Speaking of old clothes, I had a an old polyester track jacket from the early 80s that I kept and fits. It's cool for it's "retro"ness now. The kids were blown away by the texture of true, don't bring it near a flame, polyester. LOL.

Ha! You can buy a hideous leisure (aka "loser") suit at Salvation Army, and the folks at your HS reunion will actually believe your ridiculous yarn that your aunt gave it to you for Easter when you were a junior.