Career women who need to lose 20-50 pounds, what's your single biggest challenge on weight loss?

Options
ricelean
ricelean Posts: 18 Member
edited October 2016 in Social Groups
Hello,

I'm writing an article for one of the major online publications on this topic, and I'd like to understand:
  1. What is your biggest challenge in eating healthy and losing weight?
  2. What is your biggest challenge in eating healthy and losing weight as a career woman?
  3. What is your biggest challenge in eating healthy, losing weight and maintaining weight, as a career woman?
  4. What industry are you in?

I would love to hear all your stories / experience related to the questions above.

I myself have lost 50 pounds without dieting, intense workout or messing up my schedule. I have been maintaining my weight for years, and would love to add value to those of you who share your experience.

Replies

• dice80
    dice80 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    A big factor for myself and I'm pretty sure 95% of the MFP population is time. Time to exercise, time to prepare food and time to just relax and take time to yourself. I have three kids and work overnights so I have to balance between work, kids, myself and my husband. I also work a lot of overtime like 28 hours a week so it makes all the balance very difficult but I actually do better with my diet and exercise while I am at so it does have its perks. I get so tired sometimes that I just don't want to do anything. I am and have been a correctional officer for approximately 11 years and just within the last 3 months went to graveyard shift. I lost over 100 pounds with eating a healthy diet and exercising. I am 36 years old.