Is It Possible to Do Strong Curves Only 2x a Week?

Options
jdhcm2006
jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
Hi All,

I've decided to start weight lifting, and I would like to do the Strong Curves program. But between my other fitness commitments and work schedule, I cannot always devote 3x's a week to the program.

Tuesday's are my aerial days, Wednesdays are my pole days, and Sunday I devote to going to visit my grandparents. Also, I am doing private pole lessons on another week day or on the weekend b/c I am trying to make sure my routine is performance ready for the open house on 10/29. But once that passes I'll be done with the privates for a while.

Would I still be able to see results from the program if I cannot give it the full 3 days each week? Also, is it possible to do back to back or is a rest day required between days? Because there are times when the days I have available fall back to back to back.

I'm just trying to figure out a plan for myself that will work within my current schedule. Thanks for any feedback.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I think 2x a week would be fine. Bret actually indicates that between 2-5x per week is ideal.

You can do back to back with A&B and A&C:
    Day1: Workout A
    Day 2: B
    Day 3: Active rest
    Day 4: A
    Day 5: C
    Day 6: Active rest
    Day 7: rest

If you really want you can do some added glute activation (bodyweight, bands etc) in between workout days or in the morning/before bed (as long as it doesn't interfere with your other fitness commitments and recovery)
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Hi ! I think 2x a week would be fine. Bret actually indicates that between 2-5x per week is ideal.

You can do back to back with A&B and A&C:
    Day1: Workout A
    Day 2: B
    Day 3: Active rest
    Day 4: A
    Day 5: C
    Day 6: Active rest
    Day 7: rest

If you really want you can do some added glute activation (bodyweight, bands etc) in between workout days or in the morning/before bed (as long as it doesn't interfere with your other fitness commitments and recovery)

Thank you very much. This is very helpful.