My gateway "drug"

Options
WarriorNa
WarriorNa Posts: 1 Member
This will be my 3rd time starting this ap. Since the first time I started using the ap I have done 3 5k zombie runs. The one in GA at the Guardian Center was FANTASTIC! A half marathon (never again-still recovering after 5 months) and a Warrior Dash-spectacular! (already signed up for next year) and a few other walks/runs. I'm trying to stay accountable to both zombies run and mfp food diary. It would be great to check in with a few zombies run lovers and stay accountable. Maybe meet up in 2017 for the GA run if they still have it.

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Strong first post.

I am not going to say I'm restarting the app, but have had times that I've been super busy and went for several weeks without ever going for a run - with or without the app. I work FT and have spent almost 3 years trying to complete a graduate degree. If all goes to plan, I'll be done with everything in less than 2 weeks and will have so much more time available.

My plan is to assess from there what I really want to do for fitness. I'm not sure if that will include more running or longer runs or not because I haven't made that decision. I might shift to focusing on other activities - rock climbing, swimming, bicycling are all things that are new to me and I might train for 1 or more of those activities. Perhaps in addition to running. Or I may choose to not take on anything new and instead increase running distance. I just truly do not know yet.

I'm nowhere near GA, but I travel around the country on occasion (usually to visit historical sites and/or hike). If you want to friend me on MFP, feel free to do so. In GA, the places I've hiked are Cumberland Island and Kennesaw Mountain (day hikes). I especially enjoyed Cumberland Island because I could move among several different ecosystems in such a short time. At one moment, I'm on the beach picking up seashells. Later the same day, I'm stumbling upon armadillos and turkey in the woods. In fact, I even spotted a bobcat on the island shortly after passing a group of wandering horses.