HOLIDAY DINNERS (Repost)

Options
2»

Replies

• mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I've gotten away with LC holiday dinners the last few years without anyone complaining by making either a turkey (no stuffing) or a ham (no sugary coating), lots of flash cooked green beans, rather elaborate salads with high fat dressing and for dessert LC cheesecake (which no one has ever questioned.) What makes the difference, I believe, is that I always bake a couple of loaves of yeast bread in the morning. When people are greeted with the aroma of fresh baked bread their judgement is seriously impaired. I myself am not that wild about bread so I can skip it during dinner and happily send the leftovers home with my guests.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I've gotten away with LC holiday dinners the last few years without anyone complaining by making either a turkey (no stuffing) or a ham (no sugary coating), lots of flash cooked green beans, rather elaborate salads with high fat dressing and for dessert LC cheesecake (which no one has ever questioned.) What makes the difference, I believe, is that I always bake a couple of loaves of yeast bread in the morning. When people are greeted with the aroma of fresh baked bread their judgement is seriously impaired. I myself am not that wild about bread so I can skip it during dinner and happily send the leftovers home with my guests.

You may be the smartest person ever!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Bumpish.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Bump again. Another yummy side is sauerkraut done with Diet Coke or Pepsi. Not what I'd call overly healthy lol but even people who hate sauerkraut like it. A crockpot of it is always cleaned out at potlucks. You can google for the simple recipe. I add extra onions sauteed in butter and you can top with crumbled bacon if you like.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Bump for US holidays!