October Gratitude

Options
mxchana
mxchana Posts: 666 Member
edited October 2016 in Social Groups
I see this hasn't been started yet; gratitude is something I always need to focus on to keep on the positive side.

So I want to frame this as an expression of deep gratitude for the 13½ years we had the good fortune to have our dog Gypsy as a beacon of light in our home. This past Monday we chose to put her to sleep to put an end to her suffering.

We are simply heartbroken. She was a sweet dog and a strong-willed dog with an indomitable spirit, truly a vivacious personality who was much more than "just a dog." She survived some terribly adverse circumstances before she came to us in the spring of 2003. We will sorely miss her loyal and loving presence, but we are comforted by still having her daughter Peaches (who will be 14 in January) with us. Here she is three years ago:

sxrnwhuuv77l.jpg

Replies

• lizandrashaw
    lizandrashaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Awwww, sorry for your loss!
  • lizandrashaw
    Options
    I am grateful for my new job and the team I'll be working with. I went to my first team meeting today and was welcomed with open arms. I'm really excited about this opportunity.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the loss of your fur baby. Glad you have her baby still with you.

I am grateful we missed the snow last night and today will be in mid 60s.
    I was a total slug yesterday. Prime members now have a huge pool of ebooks they can read for free and I downloaded on set in the South of France, and my day went down a rabbit hole o:) There is no limit like the owner library program, so I see a lot more books coming my way this winter. Got to figure out how to live with cold weather and good reads. What a lovely problem to have.
  • judis100
    judis100 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss!

I'm grateful for my health and my ability to be active!
  • lizandrashaw
    Options
    I am very grateful for my new job. I was split between the old and new last week. Starting on Monday I'll be full time with the new job, and I'm very excited about it.
  • maryrice702
    maryrice702 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, all for your kind expressions of sympathy.

Congrats @lizandrashaw on your new job! We look forward to hearing how your first day went. ~ Kathy
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Kathy, I'm so sorry for your loss, our family has lost beloved pets, 2 dogs over 14 yrs. Also a cat over 15 yrs. It is so sad, you love them like family. It is a blessing that you have her daughter.
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for my family, my employment, my health. Also supportive MFP friends !
  • lizandrashaw
    Options
    My first day went great! Well, really it was a mess, but it wasn't my mess. I'm enjoying my first full week now, and am really liking the job.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful for all the MFP community, here and in other groups as well. Always learn something and usually get a good laugh during the day.
  • lizandrashaw
    Options
    I am grateful for my new boss.
  • retirehappy
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Grateful for the beautiful autumn weather we are having, been doing some nice walks with DH. I am also grateful I have gotten over my fatphobia. It is so nice to get through the day without thinking about what I can eat next and seeing a downward trend in my weight.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    The weather has been beautiful; balmy, warm, low humidity...a bit of a breeze.
    Leaves are starting to fall, along with acorns and pine cones.

I almost got beaned by a falling pine cone the other day when I was walking up the drive...

I'm going to enjoy the nice weather while it lasts. B)

kkmr3cym5wdb.jpg
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Greatful that beautiful month has helped me up my 7 day step average to over 12K per day. YEA!!!!!
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am so grateful I was able to go on vacation this month. I'm grateful I have a doctor who was willing to help me with meds so I could go on that vacation.