Aldi's

Options
BT_rescuemom
BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
Any favorite or surprise low carb foods at Aldi? I enjoy the grass fed ground beef.

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Last week chia seeds were on sale for $1.69! Flax seed, almond milk, coconut oil is on sale too!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    My "advance" sale ad last week showed whole ducks on sale, but they weren't in the ad that came out in the mail. So check your local shop!

My favorite things are to watch their "half off" weekend or special items...or marked down meat because it's a day or 3 out. I get most of my dairy there, and eggs...
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Adding: I was just told that ALDI is owned by Trader Joe's, so the quality is better than most expect for the price. I guess bagging your own groceries and bringing your own bags makes a huge cost difference!
  • BT_rescuemom
    Options
    Whole ducks! I love duck. So fatty and delicious. I made a turducken once, it was incredible.
  • BT_rescuemom
    Options
    @SuperCarLori love chia. And I love that Aldi has some of these specialty items now.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Me too! I love that store...
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    They have good selection of nuts I can't purchase because of my inability to not binge. I always get my heavy cream she kerrygold there and usually coconut oil if I'm out. They've lately had unsweetened coconut milk as well. Lots of times they have a great selection of cheeses to.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Oh and bacon
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    They have good selection of nuts I can't purchase because of my inability to not binge. I always get my heavy cream she kerrygold there and usually coconut oil if I'm out. They've lately had unsweetened coconut milk as well. Lots of times they have a great selection of cheeses to.

I feel your pain regarding an inability to not binge on nuts.
  • BT_rescuemom
    Options
    Oh yes, I do like the bacon from Aldi. Uncured. There was a prosciutto/cheese roll thing too, I don't know the nutrition info on that though.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Wish we could get it here! Cheap groceries are not a thing in Vancouver.

Loved Aldi when I was living in Ireland. Saved heaps of money shopping there versus any of the other stores.
  • PamWOhio
    PamWOhio Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of their fit and active stuff. They have a sweet italian turkey sausage, and their rotisserie flavor turkey breast tenderloin is great. OH, and I got one of their Strip Steaks for the first time and it was AWESOME. I was really impressed how good it turned out. I get their string cheese and they have a variety of the precooked brat thingies with various cheeses and peppers cooked right in.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Oh they have cage free humanely raised chicken now too. And pork rinds if you like those. They sometimes have lc bars kinda like the atkins stuff but generic, they are to yummy for me to keep around though
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I love aldis! just went there today and got great stuff and I paid under $100 which is incredible for the stuff I got! I bought a spaghetti squash for .75 cents!
  • fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Wow I went to buy spaghetti squash...it's fall it's in season and it was over 6$ I returned it. I want Aldi here!
  • gsnow597
    gsnow597 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ALDI'S IS THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Being a German owned company they (Aldi) had a load of German foods for Oktoberfest. I bought presswurst (jellied pork), sourkraut, red cabbage, rye bread etc. Gotta love the prices too. People say the food miles are bad (e.g. many of these products are made in Germany, I am in Australia) but when you look at the quality and the price it's unbeatable. You just got to make sure you don't become addicted to hoarding food!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options

I have that same inability!! I either abstain or I have a very, very small bowl that I put the nuts in and say to myself, "that's it!" I like to use them as the dessert I miss having.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    I love aldis! just went there today and got great stuff and I paid under $100 which is incredible for the stuff I got! I bought a spaghetti squash for .75 cents!

@genmon00 - I've been watching mine like a hawk. It mainly only has the acorn squash and another small yellow type similar in appearance to the acorn squash. I'm missing spaghetti squash, but much like @fuelednfit - I'm not willing to pay $5-$10 for one...
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I am very excited as we are getting one in Gainesville!! I hope it is as good as you all are talking about. There was an Aldi's the last place I lived but I have to tell you it had NONE of the stuff you all are talking about.