October Challenge ~~ Oct 10th - Oct 16th

Options
2»

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    We have rain now...1:39... see what can happen in an hour?...oh, wait...it just stopped!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,698 Member
    Options
    Did the three miles on Thursday with "strolling John" and his dog Bentley. (Bentley's the subject of my "walking with dog" exercise. If John can't come with us, we take Bentley anyway.

Keeping up with "strolling John" is murder and today's shin splints prove that. Got a couple more miles in today nonetheless, and in the rain that Chris & I share. Came back to work pretty wet, but it was fun.

paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    It's suppose to rain in the morning...we are going out there anyway!!

Walked w/DH this morning for 5.05 miles in 88 mins (6.69 total miles for 13,659 steps) then got on the recumbent for 15.00 miles in 54 mins and some Ray Donovan; then did our arm exercises then did 30 assisted pull ups in the garage then we went to DDD's BFF's son's 2nd birthday party. I held Ronan almost the entire time! After the party we went over to the kids for a couple of hours. Held Ronan for a long time. <3<3<3

Hope everyone has a terrific Sunday!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Ronan's gonna grow up adoring his gramma.

paula
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,889 Member
    Options
    Ronan is going to have grandma Chris wrapped around his whole hand. <3

Did Paula and Chris get lots of rain? Paula I just managed to get my miles in.

Busy week. Late almost every night. Then spent most of yesterday getting the place intermixed. We celebrated my granddaughter Kaeldras birthday today. She is 11. Well Percy went down the overflow. I found him in the sump. Amazingly he was still alive. I scooped him up and put him back into the display tank. He seems to be doing ok. I covered up the overflow with some plastic grid. Hopefully this will never happen again. My DD came over and we did weights for an hour. My shoulder is doing a little better every week.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Drizzle this morning while we walked, but it was warm. Then buckets for a while. Lots of accidents between here and the grocery store! Man! Part of getting our driver's license should be a class on Driving in the Rain and the Dangers of Tailgating! And another on How To Avoid Crashing Into The Large Pole That Holds The Signal Lights! And an online class on Two Reasons Why You Shouldn't Leave Your House When It Rains!

Walked w/DH this morning for 5.05 miles in 93 mins (7.0 total miles for 14,446 steps) then shopped then went to DDD's for warm cookies and ice cream and great memories.

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Cracking me up, Chris!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris why do we need these classes? Are you speaking from personal experience? B)
  • cpanus
    Options
    No personal experience except for traffic delays and watching dumb people yelling at each other on the freeway!!! And seeing a car smashed into the traffic pole at an angle that didn't make sense. Man, I just wanted to be home at that point!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    So the classes are for the dumb people. :p Not us. :* I think I have PTS since that crash last April. I have stuck my nails through the steering wheel!

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Chris, This morning I was stopped on Highway 84 as they taped a person onto a back board with a neck brace and into an ambulance. The upside down and crushed truck had rolled completely off the road - by where it landed probably a couple of rolls. Wet roads. Hurts my heart.

Two good friends walk that road at that time almost every morning. We wave as I drive by. I had to contact them to make sure they weren't involved. Thankful for that, but still, for the person who was in that ambulance, oh.....

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Glad your friends were not involved. Sounds like it was only the one vehicle involved. And weather related. :(

Hope they were ok.

Shelley