My first IRL keto person!

Options
redimock
redimock Posts: 258 Member
So, a friend/acquaintance was dropping off stuff for this huge preschool garage sale I have at my house in October. She commented on my appearance, and I told her I'd lost weight, and she asked how, and I said "keto/low carb/high fat". Turns out, she's been keto for the last couple of weeks! She is already fairly thin, but wants to lose some weight and she says she "feels so much better." Then we ended up having a half an hour discussion about keto! It was fantastic. My sister wants to be keto, but she hasn't fully committed, so it was fun to talk to someone (besides you lovelies) who also does it.

Just had to share :smile:

Replies

• Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hey that's kinda cool. I haven't met anyone who is keto. Anybody I know would think I'm wacked :)
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. My new roommate was doing whole30 for a month and has now transitioned into paleo. It has been so nice sharing a kitchen with someone who eats pretty similar than my last roommate who, due to the constant traveling nature of her job, ordered a lot of delivery because it was very difficult to go grocery shopping. It's nice to open a fridge or pantry and see mostly stuff that is aligned with what I eat. Her bananas on the counter are so tempting though.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I've run into a fellow ketofile once. I was tasting wine at a winery and asked questions about sugar content, trying to explain how I wanted dry wine with the least possible sugar and this younger woman speaks up that worked there showing me 2 different wines that she drinks. She said that she's "really strict" about consuming sugar. I was automatically thinking "I bet not as strict as I am" so I asked, "when you say "strict", what exactly do you mean? Do you mean that you try to avoid sugar or carbs in general?" Then she asked me if I knew what keto was and then we both were crazy excited to have met another keto person "in the wild". Lol
    This also happened on a day when I had been explaining how it works to a friend that I was with and so this new keto friend and I talked about it with her together for several minutes. It was awesome to have run into a total stranger that was telling my friend all the same things I had been explaining to her all day. :smile: