Tracking - 40/30/30

Options
Hi everyone. Does anyone have any advice on how best to approach the 40/30/30. I started increasing my calories in the middle of last week and tomorrow I'm starting my strength training in the gym before work. I've used the calculator and my BMR is 3126, my TDEE is 3751 and my calories are 3188. I use MFP to add all food and drink and have changed my Protein/carbs/fat to 40/30/30 but not really sure about the best way to ensure that I can accurately hit those numbers day after day. Any advice or links to a thread on this would be much appreciated. Thanks. Kenny

Replies

• empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi Kenny
    Here are a couple of links on protein
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/macronutrients-series-basics-proteins-carbs-fats/
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/power-protein/
    Or you could try our 7 day protein challenge
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/eat-enough-protein/
    You may have guessed from the above, protein is the most important one to focus on! As you increase your protein and get closer to hitting it consistently, everything else just falls into place.
    Be patient and give yourself time. Don't try and reach your macros overnight. Just gradually aim for a little more protein and before you know it you will be at 30%
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • LastChanceKY
    LastChanceKY Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.
  • empressichel
    Options
    Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.

No problem Kenny, it's a pleasure.
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Ichel has given you some great links to help out. Try not to stress so much about hitting the macros exactly at this point. Just work on getting the protein to consistently hit that 30% and let the others fall where they do.. then you can concentrate on levelling them out:)
    The 7day protein challenge is a good place to start for sure:)

Kelly
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • KDunnMFP
    KDunnMFP Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I got put on a 1350 calorie diet with 40% protein, 30% fat, and 30% carbohydrates. I have been trying to figure put what to eat that fits those macros.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    dunnhadit wrote: »
    Thank you, I got put on a 1350 calorie diet with 40% protein, 30% fat, and 30% carbohydrates. I have been trying to figure put what to eat that fits those macros.

Im confused.. you got put on a 1350 cal diet? from whom?
  • empressichel
    Options
    dunnhadit wrote: »

When we talk 40/30/30 it's 40 Carbs, 30 Protein and 30 Fats.
    That is our recommendations, not the 40p/30c/30f that you mention.
    Curious as to how you got put on this diet? Was it from your doc?
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL