Satiated.

Options
BT_rescuemom
BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
I experienced this for real last night. I have been Keto for 12 days. Finally my brain is sending out the "stop eating now!" signal. It is amazing and took me quite aback. Again, today at lunch I all of the sudden could not imagine taking another bite and quite literally pushed my plate away from me. What a crazy experience to have after years of carb cravings and over eating, and eating what was in front of me just because. I honestly feel like I have never experienced true satiation, just more of a "stuffed" from eating too much feeling. And even then I could probably fit some ice cream in, you know, because it melts around the other foods.

Replies

• Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Especially about the ice cream! ;) ... but yes. That feeling that you want no more, but now you can go do something. Not that feeling of bloated misery and "why did I eat so much" and now I really need a nap. Like after Thanksgiving dinner. It's a novelty to me too.
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Kind of works differently for me. I don't feel satiated while eating. I stop with the meal that I am eating. Then, after eating, I say stop. I wait and say to myself, "Are you satiated?" I could eat way more sometimes, but I don't.