Need....real....food! Help!

Options
ryansmommie68
ryansmommie68 Posts: 27 Member
Ok, i'm on week 4 and last week wasn't the greatest week for being on plan due to my vacation. I'm going crazy now because i'm craving real food! :( I'm scared i'm not going to make it past this week....
How do you all do it to stay on program for so long! Please help. I don't want to give up, i feel great on this program, just missing food (i'm craving a sausage egg sandwich...weird).

Replies

• LogiesMom09
    LogiesMom09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Don't panic. Remember you still have your lean and green meal as "real food". So if you are craving a breakfast sandwich, use the MF pancakes for bread, scramble about 1/4 cup egg betters, and add some turkey bacon or canadian bacon. Voila!, OP breakfast sandwich. Medifast works, but you have to work it. It takes a bit of creativity to keep from getting bored or burned out on the same old L&G day after day. But a little thought and some planning will be so worth it. Take it from me. I reached my 50 lbs lost today on MF. That's 50 pounds of fat gone from my body since February 22nd. Don't give up. If you need ideas,visit the MF forum for recipe ideas. Plus there are tons of other sites as well. Try this one: http://www.sandyskitchenadventures.com/p/medifast-recipes-only.html
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I lost 75lbs. I was on the 5 &1 for about 10 months and honestly, there is nothing special about me. I was taught to focus more on the reason "why" I was doing this program more than the food. I wanted to be healthier. I wanted to have more energy. I wanted to be able to recognize myself in the mirror. I set goals and reviewed them often. You have a perfectly structured program and all the support you could need at your finger tips. You can do this!
  • ryansmommie68
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I didn't fall off too bad! I went to Sweet Tomatoes and had a salad and some soup and that actually helped.
    I've been really busy trying to get my house ready to sell and I haven't had any time for planning meals. I have my dad visiting as well as my 14 year old niece so I've been cooking for them (healthy of course, my dad is a heart patient) and my family, so as usual I put myself last! That's what got me into this mess....i always had a weight problem but not like now.
    Once i had my son I totally forgot to take care of myself! He's 5 now and i'm unhealthy, i want to do more with him and I want to be here for him! I"m trying to put myself first but there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day!
    I just have to keep remembering why i'm doing this.....

Thanks for your support!

Elainapb...congrats on losing 50lbs, that is such a great accomplishment. I will check out the sites you recommended...thanks! I like your breakfast sandwich idea. I'll have to pick up some pancakes this week!:) That may be my breakfast for next week! :happy:

MCLA4mom.....you are an inspiration! I am working on focusing on the why!!!:happy:
  • ryansmommie68
    Options
    I tried the breakfast sandwich with the pancakes, added half slice of cheese....yum! I'm so full! Thank you so much for that great idea!:):flowerforyou:
  • sstratto01
    sstratto01 Posts: 23
    Options
    Good for you!

Don't forget - you don't have to have your lean and green all at once. When I was craving real food, I found recipes and made my oatmeal into muffins and pancake mix into waffles. I used sugar fee syrups and a tiny bit of butter spread (ICBINB or something like that).

I used to make my last meal of the day either the brownie (mixed w/ 1 T of raspberry sugar free syrup instead of 1 T of the water) or soft cookie (mixed w/ 1 T of sugar free cookie dough syrup instead of 1T of water). This helped me get through any thoughts of missing out on something like a dessert or treat. I also would make the pudding into a custard by mixing it with some egg whites, vanilla and baking for about 20 minutes. I would top the warm custard with the non-fat cool whip. All this is on plan - just need to keep track of the egg whites as part of your lean and green. You can find the recipes at Sandy's Kitchen - plus many more - it really helps keep you on plan while also feeling like you are actually eating real food.

Keep up the good work - the hardest part (starting - at least for me) is already past you.

Stan
  • Rosiemac2
    Rosiemac2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This may sound kinda crazy but having the meal replacement made me really appreciate my veggies again. Broccoli never tasted so good....you ar erewiring yoru brain to crave good food...I have no desire for a mcdonalds breakfast sandwich...I am in over a year and love whole natural foods now....hold strong and focus on getting healthy or whatever your primary motivation is...Read Dr. A's Habits of Health book...I di dmake th epancakes into waffles on the weekends...add a little baking powder and they will get fluffy....Good luck:)
  • dugrn
    dugrn Posts: 47
    Options
    ...Read Dr. A's Habits of Health book...I

It really makes a difference. This isn't my first time doing MF. I got the book this time and.....well.... it really put my mind in the right place. I'm kinda suprised MF doesn't push it more as it seems to really be the key to making this change work long term.