Best anti-inflammatory diet?

Options
LauraCoth
LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
I'm having to move away from weight loss and into suppression of inflammation now, as the result of a chest x-ray that revealed inflammation in my lungs. Earlier in theyear I developed occasional shortness of breath, and last year my sinus condition took a massive turn for the worse.

My GP feels that my thyroid, sinus, and joint issues are all part and parcel of the same inflammatory condition and wants me to adopt an anti-inflammatory diet to go along with the puffer he's prescribed. It's actually critical, since left alone the inflammation could become irreversible lung disease. He feels that advice in regard to diet is probably best left to my naturopath and other resources and he will provide medical support.

Hence my question here. I'm leaning towards Paleo, because it avoids both grains and most dairy. I do eat far more dairy now than I ever used to, it's true - for most of my life I avoided cheese like the plague (fat). However, this forum has a wealth of well-informed members and I thought I'd float this here.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    When I was having migraines 5x a week I switched to a completely vegan diet for 90 days - it was like a miracle cure...then after 90 days I started adding in things one at a time to see what I reacted to...for me, I would know within usually 4 hours if I had a reaction...not sure how quick you would become symptomatic...