November 2016 habit: Floss everyday.

Options
ElishaCA
ElishaCA Posts: 50 Member
edited October 2016 in Social Groups
Choose a primary time of day that you will floss each day (morning, before bed, whatever works for you). Even better, pair it up with something you already do (brushing your teeth would be the obvious one here but perhaps some people are not brushing their teeth two times per day and want to addend this habit to include brushing before bed in addition to flossing). What else are you already doing at that time? Changing into pajamas? Washing your face? Everytime you do this activity, brush and floss.

Commit to doing this. Every. Single. Day. No "I will start tomorrow". No "I'm too tired today. I'll skip just this one time". If you do miss a day, for whatever reason, pick yourself up the next day and start over.

Post here throughout the month on how you are doing.

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    I do it every day. Oral health is very important!
  • ElishaCA
    Options
    I do it every day. Oral health is very important!

Agreed! I was but then my work schedule changed drastically and I got messed up on a lot of things. Hence the motivation for the group!
  • ElishaCA
    edited November 2016
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Day 1: Strong start. :#
  • ElishaCA
    Options
    ElishaCA wrote: »
    How is everyone doing?

Day 2: Check :#

• ElishaCA
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Day 3: Check :#

• ElishaCA
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Day 4: Check :#
  • ElishaCA
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Day 5: Flossed yesterday morning but skipped brushing teeth before bed. Today will be better.
  • ElishaCA
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Day 5: Flossed yesterday morning but skipped brushing teeth before bed. Today will be better.

Day 6: Check :#
  • ElishaCA
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Day 7: Check :#
  • ElishaCA
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Day 8: Up late watching the election. Ended up stumbling upstairs to bed really late and skipped nighttime brushing and flossing for the day.
  • ElishaCA
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Day 8: Up late watching the election. Ended up stumbling upstairs to bed really late and skipped nighttime brushing and flossing for the day.

Day 9: Check :#
  • ElishaCA
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Day 10: Check :# I am especially proud of today. I was absolutely exhausted and all I wanted to do was collapse straight into bed but I managed to make a pit stop for an, albeit quite fast, brush and floss.
  • ElishaCA
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Day 10: Check :# I am especially proud of today. I was absolutely exhausted and all I wanted to do was collapse straight into bed but I managed to make a pit stop for an, albeit quite fast, brush and floss.

Day 11: Fell asleep on the couch before I brushed and flossed. Looks like I have the same problem again and again. I plan on changing floss time to the morning so I can stop struggling with this aspect, at least.

• ElishaCA
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Day 11: Fell asleep on the couch before I brushed and flossed. Looks like I have the same problem again and again. I plan on changing floss time to the morning so I can stop struggling with this aspect, at least.

Day 12: Check :# Same problem as usual but I had already flossed in the morning and it was much easier to just do a quick brush before bed.

Day 13: Check :#
  • ElishaCA
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Day 12: Check :# Same problem as usual but I had already flossed in the morning and it was much easier to just do a quick brush before bed.

Day 14: Check :#
  • ElishaCA
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Day 14: Check :#

Day 15: Check :#

Day 16: Check :# on flossing and I brushed at night but then ended up eating again and didn't brush again after.