pEDaLing GoAdiEs rainyday Monday!!

Options
podkey
podkey Posts: 5,094 Member
From one speed to a gazillion gears post one post all...

QOTD: Any rides short or long? Or have you strapped your bike to the wall like the carcass of freshly killed venison for the season?

Replies

• podkey
    Options
    We had some stormy weather but with the exception of the tornado ripping threw the coastal town of Manzanita not as bad as predicted. Got out for some short rides to keep my mind in the game. Rode to WW meeting in the rain on Sunday. Not sure if I will rent a bike in SoCal later this week as I will be busy. It will be 95° there unlike the 50s to 60° and rainy here.

And you???
  • Swtdwy
    Swtdwy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yeah Bob, expected to be unusually warm here next weekend. where are you going to be? Not sure what we are going to do about it. Our local organized charity ride..the SCV Gran Fondo is next Saturday. Not sure whether to ride in it or volunteer to help or neither as it is also DW and my anniversary. Decisions decisions...

Quite the weekend of riding here. Saturday returned to Baldy Village via Glendora Mountain Road. https://ridewithgps.com/routes/11985802. 25 miles and 4600' of climbing on the way out. 25 miles and 1200' more feet of climbing on the way back (some descent!). About as epic as I want to get. Absolute perfect day for it though - cool temps in the low 60's (warmed into the 70's on the way back) mostly overcast. I was glacial as always, but it's a very scenic ride. Had a late breakfast at the Baldy Village Lodge. Well earned.

Sunday did our regular group ride -one of our most common routes - 21 miles east - overall slightly uphill to a town called Acton, then 21 back. Usually there's a headwind on the way out which makes for quite a slog on the way out, but a super fast trip back. Was the opposite yesterday, which I think is nicer. Wind kinda offset the grade. So almost 100 mile weekend with some serious climbing.

2667 miles for the year so far.

• klmackey893
    klmackey893 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Life got in the way for me this weekend. Had the Scouting for Food drive Sat morning and I had to take the food we collected to Lambeau to be redistributed. then it was yardwork time before the rain (which never really came). Sunday was more scout stuff and church stuff so did not get on the bike then either. I did ride to my dentist appointment this morning and am still commuting to/from work.
  • podkey
    Options
    Yeah commuting is always good when I can.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    No riding, again, for me this past weekend. There was this little matter of a marathon on Saturday...

But this weekend I'm heading up to Wisconsin to do more segments of the Ice Age Trail. The bike will come along as it is my support for my point-to-point hikes.
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am a rider, or was, havent ridden for about 8 weeks or so. I have to get back into it. Although its magpie season in Australia, so not a good idea haha
  • podkey
    Options
    Good grief had to google that one. I have visited friends in Australia but not in Sept/Oct and didn't know about the magpie attacks. so spring now and summer on the horizon.
  • klmackey893
    klmackey893 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Broke 3000 miles for the year on this morning's commute.
  • podkey
    Options
    Hey nice! I don't how I got there myself but happy to have ya in the 3K club.
  • Swtdwy
    Options
    Should be in the 3K club by Thanksgiving
  • podkey
    Options
    Wow that's great Mark. Is it hot up your way too??? I am going to Claremont today and hot hot hot.
  • Swtdwy
    Options
    Yeah It's pretty toasty at my house. Hot weekend too, which is a shame because our local organized ride is this weekend. They wisely moved it from July last year because of the heat, and now they get stuck with an atypical hot day. Tough ride too. granfondosantaclarita.com/ We're not doing it this year. That day is our anniversary so I'm thinking maybe we'll drive to the coast and do one of DW's favorite routes there,