The struggle is real...

Options
BT_rescuemom
BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
...for today at least. I'm still feeling the effect of some poor food choices on Sunday (lesson learned), and I am in that dreaded "two week wait" to see if I'm pregnant. So of course I have hormones a raging and I can just feel that sugar craving a comin'. I know I did not eat enough for lunch, so when I was really hungry this afternoon I made some chicken salad with lots of mayo to at least get a bunch of fat in me. This is day 18 on Keto and I think the honeymoon phase might be over. I love all the food, and will continue to love it, but I guess it's not going to always be easy eating the way I know is healthy for my body. Duh. I'm going to go for a walk soon since I know I'm nourished so I can at least get out of the house and the kitchen.

On a plus side for today: I'm making low carb sushi, which my daughter told me was her second most favorite meal I have ever made. The first being squid salad. This girl loves Japanese food. Since I do really love cooking it makes me so happy to have her compliment me on the stuff I make. And my hubby said he was so excited about the Fathead pizza I made last night because it was way better than he expected, and he isn't usually forthcoming with the food compliments. Also, pretty sure he survived on pizza and beer in his 20's, so he is picky about his pizza!

Ok. Whiney rant over. I'll be fine, and I'm gonna stay away from the Twix that are stashed in my cupboard. Not sure why I even have those, I don't particularly even like them!

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I think there might be something biological about us humans wanting to eat more during the season leading up to winter, to pack on the energy supplies, of you catch my drift. I'm no rocket surgeon, it's more a hunch...
    Nvm, I don't think I know what I'm talking about!!
    But!! I'm glad you're sharing.
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think it's better to just puke it all out. That, in itself, can head off some bad stuff. I really do hope you feel better :)
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I think there might be something biological about us humans wanting to eat more during the season leading up to winter, to pack on the energy supplies, of you catch my drift. I'm no rocket surgeon, it's more a hunch...
    Nvm, I don't think I know what I'm talking about!!
    But!! I'm glad you're sharing.

Lori, I don't think you are too far off base. This is the time where we gain weight - holiday feasts, comfort foods because of the cold, PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING, etc etc.

All the recipes you see nowadays are for hearty stews, chillis, and soups. I'm not saying they can't be lighter/lower calorie/carb/whatever flogs your log, but a big bowl of chilli with cornbread is comfort food for some and they seek it when it's cold and miserable out.

Marketing gurus know this and that's why they are putting out all the holiday stuff so early...so we get fat faster and spend more money.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Throw the darn Twix out!! Get back on course, and be extra careful with carbs the next few days. Easy to suggest, right? We all goof up from time to time, forgive yourself now that you've told us about it! Onward!!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I agree with that thought @SuperCarLori...it make sense. Koujo is packing on the winter weight already...and he's a raccoon. Why wouldn't that be something inherent in us too?
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm in agreement! This is harvest time. It makes total sense to gear up for winter. So to speak.
  • BT_rescuemom
    Options
    supergal3 wrote: »
    Throw the darn Twix out!! Get back on course, and be extra careful with carbs the next few days. Easy to suggest, right? We all goof up from time to time, forgive yourself now that you've told us about it! Onward!!

Oh I am on course! Sunday night was just some poor choices at a restaurant on my part. I'm choosing not to feeling guilty about it, it is what it is and luckily I have a consequence that I can remember. I am definitely below 20 carbs today and yesterday, so at least I'm restraining myself while these cravings and hunger are coming over me. I did take quite a brisk walk yesterday, so maybe that exercise is why I am hungry today. Or maybe it's like @SuperCarLori said. Hibernation.

Speaking of hibernation...I need to figure out a good winter outdoor exercise so I don't become a mega sloth and depressed in the darkness of winter. I loved winter when I was running. Now running hates me. Snowshoeing perhaps?
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Lots of snow angels!! Shoveling? Snowball fights!?! Make an army of snow men? Sledding!!! :)
  • BT_rescuemom
    Options
    As suspected: yesterday was just an off day with lots of hunger and cravings. I'm feeling really great and energetic today. Yay!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear that!
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    That's great! Those days are a requirement, lol.