Poll: your favorite low-carb junk food?

Options

Replies

• bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    String cheese, salami or pepperoni panino fingers, soon to be pickles (bought my first jar to keep in the office fridge after seeing how much they help with sodium), Lily's dark chocolate, and pumpkin seeds.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I've been making sugar free gelatin, with the redeeming quality of being made with beef gelatin rather than the grocery store Knox stuff. Topped with sour cream sweetened with the same flavoring agent as the gelatin and it's pretty tasty. And filling.

Nuts count as high carb junk food for me. In my case, that ad slogan "Bet you can eat just one" should read "Bet you can't eat just one ton."
  • Kurzweil
    Kurzweil Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bacons Heir Rosemary Pork Clouds. I hate pork rinds in general but these are a totally different texture and flavor. I especially like them topped with a wedge of laughing cow cheese.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I have a new fav as of today. (forgive me those of you who don't think Atkins makes "food") but the Harvest trail bars are yummy. There is very little sweet to them, they are crunch and chewy. They have lots of nuts in them and only 4 net carbs. I had one today between mid day and dinner and it saved me. It fit the bill exactly as I needed to not want to binge but satisfied me.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I ordered some of the Costco bars online. I definitely don't like them as well as Quest bars (and they contain cashews, which one of my sons is highly allergic to so I prefer not to keep them in the house). They're definitely worth trying as an alternative and are for sure more budget-friendly though.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    90% dark chocolate and Halo Top. I've tried to like Quest bars but the texture is too play-doh like for me.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Skinny Me Belgian Dark Mint Chocolate Squares. I had a coupon for a free sample and they showed up yesterday. Crimeny are they tasty. Much like higher end regular dark mint squares. However...they are pricey and I'm not sure I'd buy them without a coupon. But I've got about 25 of them left to enjoy and maybe I'll ask for them for Christmas?
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    This WOE was made for me as I am a fan of nearly all meat and cheese. However, when using the term "junk" I have to say pork rinds because I could easily eat 2-3 bags in a sitting - and I am talking about the bags that say they are 10 servings each.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    cheesecake...made with splenda...just as tasty as regular, but total junk
  • Bubba1922
    Bubba1922 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Mashed Brussels sprouts, with butter, nutmeg, salt and pepper - Made up in patties and cooked in butter. That is the only good thing about autumn/ winter in the UK, Brussels sprouts are in season.
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Macadamia nuts
  • karen110567
    karen110567 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I made whipped cream with HWC and sugar free vanilla syrup. YUM!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Oh mannnn.... You guys are listing pepperoni and cheese as junk? That's one of my fast lunches! LOL

@nvmomketo I'm with you...many of the things listed here are staples for me...
  • kiwiapplepear
    kiwiapplepear Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've been making sugar free gelatin, with the redeeming quality of being made with beef gelatin rather than the grocery store Knox stuff. Topped with sour cream sweetened with the same flavoring agent as the gelatin and it's pretty tasty. And filling.

Nuts count as high carb junk food for me. In my case, that ad slogan "Bet you can eat just one" should read "Bet you can't eat just one ton."

Thats strange to me, there is no nutrient content in the jelly( except collagen? ) compared to the nuts, which provide fibre also... But yeah if you cant stop yourself, I eat walnut becaue i like tham but not THAT much, pecans and Macadamias are quite addictive.
  • lamiller82
    lamiller82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Depending on where your LC line is... 100 cal packs of Skinny Pop. Sugar Free Jello. Sugar Free chocolate pudding. Artic Zero brownie "icecream".
  • tierrafuego
    tierrafuego Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Whisps parmesan crisps. I just re-upped my Costco membership just to buy them. I could not do this without them (first five weeks in the bag, 25lb down-yay!)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    But yeah if you cant stop yourself, I eat walnut becaue i like tham but not THAT much, pecans and Macadamias are quite addictive.
    Oh, girl.... you have to get yourself some fresh raw walnuts. I never liked them that much too, they always tasted kinda bitter to me. That's because they were always rancid in the packages at the stores or from sitting for who knows how long in the bulk bins (probably at least a year old since last Christmas baking season, lol). Now that I order in 10 lbs of fresh walnuts when they are in season and then store them in the freezer, they are one of my favorites besides the pecans and macadamias.
  • kiwiapplepear
    kiwiapplepear Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    True! The shelling slows you down also , fresh are much sweeter... I had forgotten,
  • coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I listened to a podcast the other day and the founder of Quest bars was the guest - the company just come out with a new chip product that is supposed to taste like the leading brand of potato chips, but they're high protein, low carb.
    http://www.questnutrition.com/quest-chips/

Anyone tried them yet? I haven't even tried the bars yet. I worry about finding subs for my old favorites that will not be helpful in the long run.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I listened to a podcast the other day and the founder of Quest bars was the guest - the company just come out with a new chip product that is supposed to taste like the leading brand of potato chips, but they're high protein, low carb.
    http://www.questnutrition.com/quest-chips/

Anyone tried them yet? I haven't even tried the bars yet. I worry about finding subs for my old favorites that will not be helpful in the long run.

I saw them at Fresh Thyme Farmer's Market over the weekend. I think they were like $2.50 for a one serving bag. I thought it was too expensive for "chips" :smile: