meal ideas

Options
nathotte
nathotte Posts: 51 Member
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any simple, healthy meal ideas. Lately I seem to run out of ideas for healthy meals for myself. Thanks

Replies

• tammi_t
    tammi_t Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm not sure if you eat meat, but my husband has become a grill "master" these days. Recently he's started grilling whole chickens and I make healthy, EASY meals from the chicken for the entire week (chicken salad, grilled BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches, green salad w/chicken on top...the ideas are endless).

I got all kinds of ideas from Safeway's website: http://www.safeway.com/ShopStores/Recipes-and-Meals.page. I was really surprised at the abundance of great, easy meal recipes they offered.

Good luck!!
  • carlamsimmons
    Options
    I agree with the grilling idea TOTALLY!!! What I tend to do is take unhealthy meals like...pizza and take my healthy food and make my healthy version of it. My children LOVE sloppy joes...but instead of buying the can...I read the basic ingredients and came up with my own and now they don't want the can. That's how I never run out of ideas...anything that I would eat that's unhealthy...I find a few different ways to make the same thing./.just a healthier version of it.
  • cleebull
    cleebull Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    we grill chicken, too... pretty much every week and keep them in an airtight container in the fridge. we add to salads, or each as a sandwich for lunch and it's also used in our dinners several times a week. it's nice b/c there are days where we may not have time to cook anything & having grilled chicken already helps make dinner prep a breeze.

are you looking for side dishes or main meals?

my family love their pasta, so i buy rice whole grain pasta and it cooks great, but i personally do not eat pasta or carbs at night, at least 80% of the time. anyway, when it's spaghetti night, i'll use a julienne peeler and peel one or two zucchini's. heat it in the microwave in water for 2 minutes so it's tender and add salt & pepper and marinara sauce. it's good. i like to also add sauteed onions and garlic to it for extra flavor and serve it w/ chicken if you desire.

if you like salmon, top it w/ chopped almonds and honey. wrap it up in foil and cook til done. simple & it's good.
  • nathotte
    nathotte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas ladies :) I had recently changed jobs and don't work the same shifts as before so less days to do my prep work.