Fitbit Sync not Working

Options
13»

Replies

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Try disconnecting fitbit from MFP then disconnect MFP. Leave for 15 mins then reconnect in reverse order. Don't forget to go into settings on MFP and enable steps again.
  • tclee04
    tclee04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My HR has not synced since June 30, 2016. I have tried everything and it is still not syncing. Wish someone could help get this fixed or tell me exactly what I need to do to fix it. I used to be able to see the step adjustment and steps used per day now nothing. Really fed up and thinking of looking into another system.
  • MrAstro
    MrAstro Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    All of my calories from exercise has been deleted for the past few days history. It updated during the actual days but something has deleted the exercise history.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    MrAstro wrote: »
    All of my calories from exercise has been deleted for the past few days history. It updated during the actual days but something has deleted the exercise history.

Same here.

I've had to create my own exercise entry. I've called it "Fixing Fitbit Glitch" and added several thousand kilojoules when I've lost them from days.
  • imjms737
    imjms737 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    MFP -> Fitbit syncing is fine, as my caloric intake is syncing with no problems.
    But Fitbit -> MFP is not working, especially the weight I input in to my Fitbit app.

I don't know about step sync, as I sync my steps on my Garmin account.
  • eventhorizon831
    eventhorizon831 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    imjms737 wrote: »
    MFP -> Fitbit syncing is fine, as my caloric intake is syncing with no problems.
    But Fitbit -> MFP is not working, especially the weight I input in to my Fitbit app.

I have the same issue. Started around 10/23/16

I have tried to unlink, relink the sites in the web, did the unlink from MFP and then delete from Fitbit. Wait 15 min and failed. Tried again and waited 24 hours, same thing. I can only go MFP -> FitBit. I have even set in MFP app to track fitbit steps.

I have gotten weird errors in MFP app on the phone previously when trying to add food. Looked like an application corruption or cache corruption. I eventually did a uninstall and reinstall and finally got MFP app to sync properly with the MFP backend services.

I cannot go Fitbit -> MFP

I then found that while I got MFP to correctly sync to Fitbit, Fitbit data will not sync to MFP.

Is there any logs that someone can look at? I'm out of ideas and understandably getting frustrated after trying to get this working over the past couple of days.
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    Make sure there isn't an update available for either/both programs. When they created a fix they made an update and that fixed mine right up.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    imjms737 wrote: »

I have the same issue. Started around 10/23/16

I have tried to unlink, relink the sites in the web, did the unlink from MFP and then delete from Fitbit. Wait 15 min and failed. Tried again and waited 24 hours, same thing. I can only go MFP -> FitBit. I have even set in MFP app to track fitbit steps.

I have gotten weird errors in MFP app on the phone previously when trying to add food. Looked like an application corruption or cache corruption. I eventually did a uninstall and reinstall and finally got MFP app to sync properly with the MFP backend services.

I cannot go Fitbit -> MFP

I then found that while I got MFP to correctly sync to Fitbit, Fitbit data will not sync to MFP.

Is there any logs that someone can look at? I'm out of ideas and understandably getting frustrated after trying to get this working over the past couple of days.

This group is not monitored in anyway by support.

You have to actually go create a ticket.

When I did on my flakiness - they looked at the logs and discovered the timezone Fitbit was reporting was off from what MFP was set to.

Sadly, both accounts (no apps used) are set to the exact same timezone. So it shouldn't be happening.
    I then proceeded to make Fitbit match what it appeared to be sending (not the first time they display one thing but do something different).
    Then set it back correctly.

No change.

Troubleshooting with me stopped when I showed them that screen shot - I think they discovered other issues with Fitbit's data send.

My flakiness is I'll get my first sync from Fitbit to MFP when I sync device with computer when I get home (I have no need for intra-day syncs). But then any further syncs that should be occurring don't.
    So if I update Fitbit that the estimated 1200 calorie bike ride for 3 hrs was actually 2500 calories - there is no further sync to update stats.

So slightly different than most are getting. I get one good sync, then it's invalid until midnight - exactly when I need correct info to pad out my snacks and such. I've given up actually.
  • becad83
    becad83 Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yep same issue here after the update!!! I have the Fitbit Blaze...
  • appy85
    appy85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue since coming back to MFP, I never had a fitbit before but now that I do I thought it would be awesome to combine the tools for optimum tracking but it isn't working. I have been doing it manually the best that I can.
  • leamalo
    leamalo Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    MrAstro wrote: »

Same here.

I've had to create my own exercise entry. I've called it "Fixing Fitbit Glitch" and added several thousand kilojoules when I've lost them from days.

This has been happening to me for a couple weeks now. It's fine the day of, but the following day the adjustment disappears. I've been doing the same and creating an exercise entry.
  • tomevans117
    tomevans117 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had the same sync issues since Oct 26th. Just tried rebooting my fitbit, per the suggestions in this blog, and it is working again. Thanks for the posts.
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have also had the same issues for several weeks and have tried everything suggested here. All apps are up-to-date; FitBit is receiving info from MFP, just not the other way around.

Anyone know if this is still a known/on-going issue? Or who I should contact to help fix it?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1824975-known-issues-integration-partners

Click on Email us as they state.

Be very clear and concise with what is not working, and what you have done.