Thoughts about a one time cheat meal?

Options
2»

Replies

• KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    And I am going to a Mexican joint on Friday for lunch...:)
  • KetoLady86
    Options
    To everyone who liked my queso suggestion, DO IT!! Soo good!!

I usually get a taco salad, with queso on top. I get it with no bowl because I always eat the chips..and that bowl tempts me when its all soggy from the queso and sour cream!!!
  • 3BearMomma
    3BearMomma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes!! I had a blast at lunch. I ate shredded chicken with veggies, a little bit of guac and pico, sour cream and smothered it all in delicious queso. I also let myself have a small serving of chips and queso and 100% regret it!!!

I got home and fell asleep for FOUR HOURS! I slept my whole birthday off away!! So while I'm not dealing with cravings (so far!) and had zero issue getting right back into my way of eating... I hate how I was immediately in a carb coma. I didn't even know that was a thing! It was seriously like... when you drink to much and you just pass out. Except it was chips not alcohol!

Lesson learned I suppose! I had been thinking about allowing myself to have a drink or two (Bacardi & diet) in about a month when we are having friends over for a dinner party / game night. But now I'm definitely not going to. I don't want to sleep through friend hang out time, hahaha.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great lunch, glad you enjoyed your birthday and had a good time!
  • MindfulMother
    MindfulMother Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday! Hope it was wonderful!
  • KetoLady86
    Options
    Hope you had fun dear!!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    3BearMomma wrote: »
    Lesson learned I suppose! I had been thinking about allowing myself to have a drink or two (Bacardi & diet) in about a month when we are having friends over for a dinner party / game night. But now I'm definitely not going to. I don't want to sleep through friend hang out time, hahaha.

Good news.... You should not experience carb crash from a zero-carb (straight liquor + diet) drink - as long as it doesn't propel you toward those damn chips!
  • PamWOhio
    PamWOhio Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on you and if carbs make you crave more. I hit a milestone yesterday and I had my burger on a bun for lunch as well as 2 loaded potato skins. It didn't cause me to want more. I just enjoyed it and moved on. Back on track today with no ill affects so far. I have learned one thing since being here. EVERYONE is totally different so go with your gut. If you think you can handle extra carbs for one meal go for it. If you think it will throw you off course and send you into a binge, try and do as low carb as you can for dinner. Good Luck and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Good news.... You should not experience carb crash from a zero-carb (straight liquor + diet) drink - as long as it doesn't propel you toward those damn chips!

This...life's too short to not enjoy Bacardi!
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Plan to burn it off

I eat what I want before long exercise events

It is just fuel you are consuming. If it is sugar or starchy carbs you can plan to burn it off. No harm no foul, just fueling your body.