A Piece of my Journey and some questions about Sodium Intake with LCHF and IF

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    On a typical day I get in 4500 - 6000 steps max! Woohooo.... haha. I haven't even touched 10,000 steps the entire time I've been on this WOE... over a year or so. I think my all time highest record is around 8,000. OP is a boss.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @LovelessFool : Congrats on your journey to date. Awsome. I am impressed with your 2 miles a day treadmill workout! Way to go!
  • LovelessFool
    LovelessFool Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think my stride says that's about 4 miles. I know they say average is 5 miles but my stride is wider so when it's calculated it's very close to 4. So 2 miles on the treadmill and then I guess I've done more running around the house and outside now lately than I thought. I never really calculated out the distance so when I did it wow that's further than I thought.

I guess I did some crazy distance buying my truck a few weeks ago it said I had just over 14000. Did a ton of walking and man...car lots...please shoot me now...but settled on a new Dodge EcoDisel Ram1500 and holy cow. I took a trip and got 30mpg in a Pick-up...freakin' love it.

So I'm sticking to the plan this week and really now I'm gonna do the fasting stuff for 2 weeks I think.
  • LovelessFool
    LovelessFool Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    @supergal3 I started slow about 3 months ago and at first I could only do 5 minutes a day and about 1/10th of a mile, but I didn't quit and each week I got stronger and walked farther and faster. I average around 2 to 2.5 mph so it's not a super fast walk but I stick with it. The other day I tried 4 mph and only got a mile before I had to give it a rest. Still too big of a guy to do that fast but I am constantly pushing my limits because if I don't push myself then no one can.

You girls are still do amazing work too. Those steps add up and being so consistent in what you do makes a difference. I can tell you first hand how hard they can be lol. So great job, the count doesn't matter but just getting out there and being active does so I commend you on a great job getting those bodies in motion.
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Popping in to say HI and Welcome! You've got a good handle on this!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I wonder whether optimal electrolyte intake in the early phase of a ketogenic diet varies by body weight for any or all of them. ??

Fortunately, sodium and potassium tests are routine and cheap (I don't know if there are reliable magnesium tests), so there's always self-experimentation.

Perhaps keto experts Eric Westman or Sarah Hallberg, who run weight-loss clinics at their university med centers, have addressed the question in their many publications and YouTube lectures.... (if I find anything relevant, I'll let you know.)
  • HawkPNP
    HawkPNP Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Everyone already gave you good info...so I won't repeat. ;)

I just wanted to say great job -- it takes a lot of courage to completely change your life 180 and you are doing it. You've got this!
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @ralflott Thanks for the info. I had my sodium checked after my LCHF and all my blood work was amazing. My doc couldn't pick her jaw up off the floor from the prior 3 months results. It's was pretty awesome leaving her speechless. She just stared at the screen then back at me then back and the screen then told me to stand up and she hugged me...lol. Was a pretty awesome feeling.

That gave me goosebumps! Great job!!
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've had phenomenal results! The overall health improvements are more important than the number on the scale - good for you on both accounts!

I wish you all the best on your continued journey, and will be (virtually) walking beside you. :smile: