Zero Carb

Options
Carnivorekat
Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
Well here I am again, unfortunately been a very bad couple of months for me, and have put on nearly 21lbs since 16 July.

Looking back at this year I decided to kick myself up the bottom, before I end the year back at my original starting weight and the plan that I felt best on has been ZC as I lost all cravings and this for me is a huge thing - so going to challenge myself to finish the rest of 2016 doing ZC.

Have been shopping and am ready to kickstart my success again - going to be logging all food too at least for the first month then hopefully will be able to relax a little from logging.

Hope everyone is doing well

Regards

Kathy

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Glad you gave yourself that kick in the butt @kathrout1973.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @kathrout1973: Sounds like you have a good plan! If it worked for you in the past it will work again. I am SO TEMPTED to try zc but as yet, can't quite commit. Keep us up to date on your progress.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    How are you eating "zero carb"? Unless you are eating only meat? Everything has carbs in it, at least a little - even eggs.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to the light! I'm with you and needed my own butt kick...which this group happily did for me :smile: Zero carbs is an awesome goal that I hope you can achieve! I'm logging again too....as of yesterday. I had gotten so bad at it before. Really glad to see you back!!

@EbonyDahlia while many things have some carbs there are options for no carbs. Fats like coconut oil for example. Pork rinds, and of course, as you mentioned unprocessed meats. The negligible amount of carbs in some things would make me consider them no carbs unless I was eating copious amounts of them. 4 eggs would be a lot for me and the carbs would count. 1 egg, not so much. I can't speak to the OPs state of mind on that, but that's how I look at it.
  • DietPrada
    Options
    Okay, so it's very low carb, not actually zero carb. Thanks for clearing that up.
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @kathrout1973 ! I remember you saying how good zero carb made you feel - I know you can get there again. I feel like starting over is always the hardest in terms of cravings, hunger, etc., so I hope the next few days go really well for you!

I'm toying with trying a 2 week "eat only unprocessed meat, drink only water" sort of challenge in the first two weeks of November. I've been getting a little lax with snacking, alcohol, and nuts, so I think I'd enjoy a little "reset" before the holidays & company get into full swing. I'm also curious if I'd feel any different eating that way versus regular keto.

Good luck - I know you can do it!

• KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    @kathrout1973 - you did so well on ZERO CARB before, you can do it again!!! We all believe in you!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    It's technically an animal based diet I suppose but zero carb fits because it's only incidental carbs from dairy. No veggies at all. It really could be only meat. I personally still plan to eat cheese and use half n half but those will be my only carbs. And I may have days that I don't even have those. Though, I kinda doubt I'll ever go without cheese... :smile:
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    How are you eating "zero carb"? Unless you are eating only meat? Everything has carbs in it, at least a little - even eggs.

Zero carb is basically, just eating meat - I may have eggs at times, but they are animal products - there is a minute amount of carbs in what I eat but ZC is used as a term for anything from the animal kingdom - as in-total it ends up as below 5g carbs per day.
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    Ok my first full day back on plan, had eggs and bacon for breakfast and my gastro pain is back so not happy as love my bacon - but think I need to stop eating it as need to get my gut pain under control - I will admit that carbs didn't have the same effect on my stomach when I was eating them - although had a lot of bloating and gas problems eating carbs. So I am going to stop bacon and eggs for a while and them introduce them separately to see which is the problem

I do know that milk tends to have some problems too, so I am trialling lactose free and will see how that goes this week before making a decision about that - am going to be treating the ZC lifestyle like an elimination style diet and find out what causes me problems and stop eating them, I may find myself on a very restrictive diet for a while, but at least it will be simple and plain and easy to cook
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    I had one big bite each of cauliflower and spinach yesterday because my friend was proud of the low carb dinner she made the night before and brought me leftovers for my lunch... but, since then, 100% compliance and I didn't eat the cauliflower mash with cheese and bacon I made for the fam last night. I still feel the full gut from my poor choices earlier in the week. It's taking a while to clear up.
    I have a nice beef patty with cheese waiting for me for lunch.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I need to start doing this also. I can't get a hold of my weight. Been pretty bummed lately.

If you do it @kathrout1973 I will do it with you :smile: :smile:
  • DietPrada
    Options
    Ok my first full day back on plan, had eggs and bacon for breakfast and my gastro pain is back so not happy as love my bacon - but think I need to stop eating it as need to get my gut pain under control - I will admit that carbs didn't have the same effect on my stomach when I was eating them - although had a lot of bloating and gas problems eating carbs. So I am going to stop bacon and eggs for a while and them introduce them separately to see which is the problem

I do know that milk tends to have some problems too, so I am trialling lactose free and will see how that goes this week before making a decision about that - am going to be treating the ZC lifestyle like an elimination style diet and find out what causes me problems and stop eating them, I may find myself on a very restrictive diet for a while, but at least it will be simple and plain and easy to cook

Milk is very high in carbs.
  • Persephone7676
    Persephone7676 Posts: 91 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    How many calories are you guys eating for the day?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    How many calories are you guys eating for the day?

I have mine set at 1450, which is not an aggressive deficit for me, but I won't hesitate to eat more or less than that based on hunger.
    I'll likely end today with less than 1300 because I just ate a huge rare ribeye and can't imagine I'll be wanting anything else until tomorrow afternoon. Yesterday I was closer to 1600 but I had 2 glasses of wine... so that's the only reason why.
    Basically, I'll eat to hunger regardless of how many calories I "should" have.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I eat to hunger, as well, and I don't count or restrict calories. I don't believe in it, :lol:

I eat about 2400 calories a day when losing weight and 2800 when maintaining my weight. Neither is a conscious choice. My body decides when to lose, maintain, or even put a little on. I trust my body, completely. So, I don't try and over-rule it.
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    Had a bad day yesterday - but I am keeping strong and keeping ZC in my sight every day I will strive to do it, as even if I have a blip if the majority of the day is good I am going to keep getting to my goal, maybe a little slower than I would if I was perfect, but I know I am always going to have a battle with food