Stage One discouraged

Options
Hi,
I've just completed stage one and no change in measurements or weight. :( I was hoping for more out of this stage. I am 5'8 and about 170 pds. I am eating about 1800 calories a day. Someone please tell me what I am doing wrong! Should I up my calories or give it more time? HELP!!

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Keep going, just keep going and you'll be fine. How long did stage 1 take you? Give the program 6 - 8 weeks before you make adjustments or start freaking out. When you start adding the hiit you'll really start seeing the burn, and the matrix will totally kick your *kitten*, but you have to set up the foundation.
  • teddiebare
    teddiebare Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Did you take photos? My weight and measurements didn't change at all, but my body has. Here is my comparison between starting and the end of Stage 1.

Phase1_zpsa72692a1.jpg

I can't wait to see my comparison at the end! I just started Stage 3.

Keep at it, and make sure you are upping your weights. As long as you are seeing improvement in your strength you are on the right path. I would definitely give it more time :)
  • DesignerToast
    Options
    Give it more time. I saw very little change with stage one. No inches or pounds lost. Stage two is much tougher and afterward I saw some inches fly off (weight went up but hey, clothes are looser so that's what counts!)
    Also, I just have to say that near the end of stage two, my butt was looking awesome and my arms and legs definitely gained some nice definition. Hang in there!
  • susiegq
    susiegq Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks! I will keep on going and hope for the best. I have seen some change in my body especially in the chest and shoulders area. :)
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged (I know it's hard)! I experienced a large gain during stage 1 (weight and inches) and it stuck around for stage 2. I was freaking out, but I loved the workouts and knew that I needed to be patient, so I did not change anything. My body FINALLY adjusted somewhere around the stage 3 mark and I started seeing a downward trend back to my starting weight and then below! You just have to hang in there.

I did notice positive body changes before anything else. My bum lifted up and became firmer (it looks so much better!). My arms and legs firmed up, too! Just hang in there. : )