Going under? Eek!

Options
dreamer12151
dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
Dealt with PF issues off & on for ages. After training again earlier this year for another duathalon, in July, I had a PF flare on my right foot, stopped running, felt better after a few days, ran 1X, flared again, still hurt a little while later, went back to podiatrist, & began 4 months of treatments (2 medications, steroid packs, night splints, walking boots, ice, brace, cortisone shots...) finally this week, he hit me with the news: since it hasn't gotten any better, I'm a candidate for surgery.

The surgery is Endoscopic Plantar Fascial Release. I've looked it up, watched videos, read about it, asked him a few questions @ the office....I know it will be less intensive then the ortho surgery I had on my left foot in Feb, quicker healing time, and it will get me back to running. As it stands now, I ain't running anytime soon. Still debating about it, if I do it, when I can.

My question is has anyone out there in MFP-land had this surgery or know someone who has? Was it worth it? Would you/they recommend it?

Replies

• daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    A guy from my friend's run club had this done. He lives to run, so for him, it was totally worth it. If you are the same way, then I don't see why you wouldn't. It's a shame there is not other way other than surgery. I have had almost every injury and issue, and all were able to be corrected by strength training and improving my form. I am personally not a fan of surgery, but it's all up to you. Good luck!