Accu-measure calipers accuracy?

Options
Sevio
Sevio Posts: 181 Member
Could my measurements be right?
Bought this a couple of years ago and every few months I will use. So I did it this morning. Could this be right???
August 8th was the last time I used it up til today
Stats:
8th. weight 142.2 today 148.4
Body fat 20.8 same today
Lean body mass 112.63 today 117.53
Want to reach 18.8 percent body fat
Goal weight on August 8th 138.71 today 144.74
So 3.66 pounds of body fat to lose.

So even though my pants dont fit in the rear and hips does this mean muscle was gained?

Replies

• empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Pants not fitting in the rear but still fitting in the waist is a good indicator of a changing body shape due to gains!
    I always think, if you had no gadgets etc to measure with, how would you mark your progress?
    How are clothes fitting elsewhere?
    We often need to change the style of clothes we wear to fit our changing shape.
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/feel-good-about-yourself-now/
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • Sevio
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It is frustrating because 2 years ago I was fitting in pants that no longer fit now. I weighed 132 lbs. I now am at 148.5 today. Up about an inch in my bust, an inch in my waist, Belly button area same, hips now down a couple of inches, thighs a 1/2 inch down; but my saddlebags, the saggy baggy area just below my glutes and above my hamstring up a couple of inches. So I can't get the pants up over that area. One thing I have noticed though is the cellulite isn't as bad as it was. So perhaps a NSV? How do I get that area smaller? Is it genetics? Diet? Any suggestions on how to rid that area? Do I focus my time lifting at the gym primarily on leg days? There's no way I gained 16 pounds in my rear!! :o
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Yay, sometimes we just have to embrace the changes in our body and start to wear different styles of clothes.
    I know Kiki said she had to totally change the style of jeans she wore, and when she bought them in bigger sizes, like 2-3 sizes bigger, people kept telling her to stop losing weight!
    It is more mental mind games, unfortunately, the same way we want to be a number on the scale, we all have an ideal dress size too.
    And you can't choose where to lose the fat from either and yes a certain amount of genetics is at play. Like I will never have killer calves. I could do calf raises every day and it's just not going to happen.
    Try to focus on an area of your body where you are liking the changes you are seeing and focus on that. Like for me, it's shoulders. I can see and feel changes there so I focus my mental attention there. While still doing whole body workouts, the changes are happening in other areas just more slowly over time.
    It might be time to go shopping and experiment with some different styles and sizes and start thinking ahead to this amazing new powerful time in your life rather than looking back to what size used to fit when you were x amount of pounds.
    We all have to bite that bullet sometime, and you know what? It feels a lot better afterwards!
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and moderator
  • Sevio
    Options
    @empressichel Thank you for that. I really do need to focus on me and not the scale or the number on my pants label. I feel pretty good in my pants I have on today so cannot complain too much today!! Happy Monday to you!!