Binge free week #1

Options
Hello guys.

I promise you all not to binge this week. I will check in here every single day to stay on track. Please join me, lets do this one day at a time.

/Tess

Replies

• Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I also promise you all I will not binge this week and will check in every single day to stay on track. I think this is a great idea. I survived today.
  • lilltessiiie
    lilltessiiie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    First day and it's already hard. I overate, but I did not binge. Partly because I knew I had to tell if I did. I'll keep on fighting.
  • Fitgirllife72
    Options
    I feel your pain @lilltessiiie. The struggle is real. I was ok earlier today but now all I can think about is food, food and more food. Stay strong. We can do this!
  • arbolesta1
    arbolesta1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Just joined when I saw your group. I just binged (and subsequently purged) yesterday and I really truly want to stop. Doing fine today, but it's still early. Evening is when I usually binge. Good luck!
  • Fitgirllife72
    Options
    Welcome @arbolesta1! We are here to support you. Please check in whenever you feel the urge to binge. I know it is such a hard cycle to break. I got up today and promised myself a binge free day. I struggle in the evenings too. Stay strong! We can do this!
  • lilltessiiie
    Options
    I really struggled today. I had the urge to binge the entire day. No matter how I tried to distract myself the urge just grew stronger and stronger, and when I got off work I binged. For my own accountability I logged it all. About 2000 calories worth of food.... (on top of my normal breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks). I've decided I will not put guilt and blame on myself though, just try to move on and to be binge free tomorrow. Keep on going one day at a time.
  • lilltessiiie
    Options
    And welcome to the group @arbolesta1 ! We're all in the same boat, no guild or shame here - only compassion and support.
  • lilltessiiie
    Options
    @Gettingfit2017 You mentioned earlier you were struggling with thinking of food, how did you do? Did you manage to wait it out? If so, how did you do it? (I need all tips I can get)
  • Fitgirllife72
    Options
    I did make it through the night @lilltessiiie. Last night I ended up going to my room, closing the door and reading a book. This works for me at times. Physically moving myself away from the kitchen (aka the food source lol) helps. When that doesn't work sometimes making a phone call or playing a game with my kids helps. Last week I did try something new and it worked for that day. I seriously went to my room, put on my swimsuit and looked at myself in the mirror and talked to myself about how good i feel when I don't let food take over and how much I can't wait to actually wear a swimsuit in public next summer without feeling embarrassed. I've done it with jeans too. I've put on a pair of jeans I used to not fit into and remind myself how happy I am they fit now and tell myself I don't want to outgrow them yet again. Obviously those methods don't always work but they have definitely bailed me out before I binge more than once!
  • Fitgirllife72
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm so sorry you had a rough day @lilltessiiie. Tomorrow is a new day. I hit 5000 calories each of three days last week. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I definitely know how you are feeling. I logged everything I ate to the best of my ability in the aftermath. It helps to log it so I have a record of how often it is happening. Last week was rough. Seeing how far in the red I was those three days stinks. Oh and absolutely don't feel guilty or beat yourself up. It is what it is. You are human. Life goes on. It is a learning process and tomorrow is a day to try again. I didn't beat myself up last week. I did feel sad but didn't make myself feel like I failed.
  • lilltessiiie
    Options
    Thank you so much for your kind words @Gettingfit2017 ! Really. It means a lot to me. I'm sorry you had a rough last week, but I'm happy to hear that you didn't beat yourself up over it. In general, we are too good at criticizing ourselves anyway, we really don't need more of that. And all we can do now is to try our best to move forward.
    I also feel like logging helps. Even though it's all red numbers. It makes me more responsible for my actions, even if it didn't prevent the binge. I think new time I'll just remove myself from the house. Go for a walk or whatever to get away from any food or sweet.
  • Fitgirllife72
    Options
    Man the evenings are so hard.
  • lilltessiiie
    Options
    The evenings are the worst. I'm always fine in the morning and when I'm around people at work, but when I get home I lose control. Every single time.
  • lilltessiiie
    Options
    Wednesday; I mindlessly shoveled 2 bars of chocolate in my mouth before I could stop myself earlier today, but apart from that - no binging. For me that is a good day. It was only a total of about 400 calories, and I managed to stop myself and go throw the rest away. I feel pretty good about today. It's all about progress not perfection.
  • Fitgirllife72
    Options
    That is a huge accomplishment @lilltessiiie!!! I have yet to be able to do that. Ever. Once I start I can't stop. I even try to self talk and tell myself "it's not too late to stop"'. Haven't figured out how to do it yet. Good job to you today!!!!
  • lilltessiiie
    Options
    Well, yesterday was pretty good. Today I had an other binge. Approximately 4000 calories, it's hard to track sometimes when you're in the blur of it.
    How did you do today @Gettingfit2017 ?
  • Fitgirllife72
    Options
    I'm hanging by a thread @lilltessiiie. 4 pm every single day becomes the time where I struggle. I have been pacing my house for 40 minutes trying to get the urge to binge to pass.
  • lilltessiiie
    Options
    @Gettingfit2017 , keep it up. You can do it!
  • melsouth1972
    melsouth1972 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I found this group as I feel like I want to binge, toast with butter, slices and slices of it. I haven't as I found you. I feel like the urge is dwindling
  • lilltessiiie
    Options
    Welcome to the group @melsouth1972 ! Searching for a way not to binge instead of just giving in to it is huge. Good job!