A new appreciation...

Options
BT_rescuemom
BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
...for anything pickled. Seriously am loving all of it right now. My hubby and I went to a BBQ joint yesterday afternoon and had ribs (drool) and they had pickled okra. Of course we had to try it. So damn good. Then today we opened some dill pickle beans that we had been saving for a special occasion. Apparently Monday evening is a special occasion. Nom nom nom... We have a jar of mini gherkins that we are working on too. I'm not sure if it's the crunchiness or the intense flavor or what, but it's a nice low calorie snack.

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I have a jar of pickled green beans I'm saving too. Must be a you know you're low carb when pickled beans are special occasion foods thing lol
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I've tried and tried to like okra and then I found pickled okra. Love me some pickled okra.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    When I make red beans for the family, i put pickled pork in them...YUM
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    PICKLED ASPARAGUS SPEARS !!!!!!
    Plain or wrapped in ham & cream cheese blankets.
    de9fb7116b4756686289120ccc885ba5.jpg
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Pickling anything can make it delicious. How the hell do you think people manage to eat pigs feet? ;)
  • kpk54
    Options
    LOL @Gallowmere1984. I've not had pickled pigs feet in many years. I always kinda liked them until I tried someone's homemade version that was seriously missing the vinegar.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    LOL @Gallowmere1984. I've not had pickled pigs feet in many years. I always kinda liked them until I tried someone's homemade version that was seriously missing the vinegar.

Wait, what? What the hell were they in, lye?
  • kpk54
    Options
    They were in vinegar, just not nearly enough.