Does anyone take bentonite clay?

Options
I have been taking bentonite clay for only two days. I wanted to see if anyone has taken this what their results have been.

Replies

• 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    How are you taking in your bentonite, and what are your goals with it? I'm not taking it but have read about others who do, so I'm quite curious!
  • MindfulMother
    MindfulMother Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    40DayFit wrote: »
    How are you taking in your bentonite, and what are your goals with it? I'm not taking it but have read about others who do, so I'm quite curious!

I take one spoon in water two hours before eating breakfast. I wanted to really cleanse from toxins. I did research and came to find this was a good way to do so.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    what is the purpose of eating volcanic clay?
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I take it daily in the morning before eating. A couple of years ago I read a long thread elsewhere about DE and started taking that. My overall health improved but I felt like the clay (which has a lot of DE in it) would help even more and it has.
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    cat litter?
  • MindfulMother
    MindfulMother Posts: 38 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    RAC56 wrote: »
    Hubby and I take it daily in the morning before eating. A couple of years ago I read a long thread elsewhere about DE and started taking that. My overall health improved but I felt like the clay (which has a lot of DE in it) would help even more and it has.

Thank you for sharing this. I am using Sonnes 7.Do you recommend a better one?
    fatchimom wrote: »
    cat litter?

I looked it up and it can be used as cat litter.
    what is the purpose of eating volcanic clay?

This article can explain it better than I can.http://wellnessmama.com/5915/benefits-of-bentonite-clay/

Good health and happiness to you all.
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I actually purchased some food-grade DE but have been reluctant to use it... Just wasn't sure how, and didn't know anyone with experience using it. I think I'll renew my research & give it a try!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hi all, @KnitorMiss takes DE I think. She might be able to fill you in on interesting info as she's always on top of research.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I use it as needed for upset stomachs or food poisoning...my neighbor has IBS and takes it every day, totally controls her symptoms, which is something she was not able to do even with medication from her doctor. It's amazing what a little dirt can do! ;)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I use it as needed for upset stomachs or food poisoning...my neighbor has IBS and takes it every day, totally controls her symptoms, which is something she was not able to do even with medication from her doctor. It's amazing what a little dirt can do! ;)

As a kid, my Mom always told me it was good to eat "a peck o' dirt a year". Probably many truths in that. :)

• ldnewlady
    ldnewlady Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Never have I thought about eating/drinking it but I have mixed it up and used it in my hair and as a facial.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Ohh I could not eat something I would use as cat litter for my little one. Saying that, I was a healthy dirt eating child, and snow eating as well.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Hi all, @KnitorMiss takes DE I think. She might be able to fill you in on interesting info as she's always on top of research.

@canadjineh - I have stopped taking it, just since we moved at the end of August, and my endocrinologist tweaked my meds a little, so I have less "time" when I can use it away from everything else. I'm really wanting to get back to it, too... I can tell you the best effect I had from the Diatomaceous Earth that I'm missing is consistently solid BMs. Not having gallbladder, I'm hit and miss in that category. But I've been doing better lately.

I think, too, that it really helped restore some of my gut health, as I'm having less absorption and other complications...

I do 1 heaping TBSP in 4-8 oz of water. 1 hour before or 2-3 hours after a meal...generally dinner. Just stir quick and chug. Fill it back up and chug again until gone. No major issues.

I'm DYING to try it at as a facial mask though - mix with purified water to make a paste, apply to face, let dry, wash off gently with washcloth using circular motions...
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

As a kid, my Mom always told me it was good to eat "a peck o' dirt a year". Probably many truths in that. :)

A peck of dirt annually would be over two gallons of dirt. That's almost two tablespoons a day, of straight dirt. That seems a bit excessive. And, I am someone who doesn't mind or worry about a little dirt here or there.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »

A peck of dirt annually would be over two gallons of dirt. That's almost two tablespoons a day, of straight dirt. That seems a bit excessive. And, I am someone who doesn't mind or worry about a little dirt here or there.

Well the true common phrase is "you should eat a peck of dirt before you die" but that's not what my Mom said. :p
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

I would bet Rowdy ingests at least a tablespoonful a day in his job and I sure feel like I kiss that much off his lips when he gets home from work. I don't know if I've ever kissed him before his shower or face wash and not eaten dirt.
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh Goat-I do love your wittiness!!!!
  • RAC56
    Options

Thank you for sharing this. I am using Sonnes 7.Do you recommend a better one?

We've been using Living Clay for a while now and we really like it. https://smile.amazon.com/Natural-Calcium-Bentonite-Clay-Powder/dp/B00BCWIP48/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1477528968&sr=8-1&keywords=Living+Clay&th=1

I've had IBS issues and the clay really helps me with that. It also gives me energy (I think it's the DE because it did too) and it's easy to drink, I just mix it with water.
  • RAC56
    Options
    40DayFit wrote: »

I actually purchased some food-grade DE but have been reluctant to use it... Just wasn't sure how, and didn't know anyone with experience using it. I think I'll renew my research & give it a try!

Food grade DE is awesome. It gives me so much energy. Start out with a smaller amount if you've never taken it before. Some folks have started out taking it and a few days later they've gone to the bathroom thinking they were going to have D, but instead have had something else come out of them. Sorry, I don't know how much info to share in case anyone has a weak stomach. The clay has a lot of DE in it also. Just start out slow. I started with a 1/4 teaspoon in the morning (didn't matter if it was before the meal or mixed in with the food) and worked my way up slowly. I had to take it in the morning because it gave me so much energy that taking it at lunch kept me awake at night.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    My toothpowder is made from that.