Cauliflower Rice, found in ASDA

Options
Bonny132
Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
Often the shops here are sold out of cauliflower rice, I found these in ASDA, good till 2017 so great to have in the cupboards for emergencies.

Replies

• Bubba1922
    Bubba1922 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great. Where do I find it in Asda? I thought it was fresh?
  • Bonny132
    Options
    @Bubba1922 I found it in with the packets of rice and quinoa. They have fresh as well, but I often struggle to get the fresh ones, so when I saw these packets I grabbed a few for emergencies. They are the same size as Uncle Ben's and found (at least in my local ASDA) in the same isle.
  • HawkPNP
    HawkPNP Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I am going to have to find these for the "I'm too tired to cook" meals. That happens...a lot! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Bonny132
    Options
    I just noticed the pictures were not showing, they also had a Mexican Flavour

d63a7kikjqq6.jpg
    6yc9tq1dmd1k.jpg
  • HawkPNP
    Options
    Any chance you would be able to take a photo of the ingredients? I'm super interested!

• Bonny132
    Options
    x45cq00qknh7.jpg
    9323ri5v53np.jpg
    This is the lemon grass and chilli

• esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Where did you buy this? Are you in the US?
  • Bonny132
    Options
    u498pvdb4nll.jpg

zr62w90snx8b.jpg

And this is the plain cauliflower rice, only cauliflower listed as an ingredient and best before date as August 2017
  • Bonny132
    Options
    esaucier17 wrote: »
    I am in the UK but they also have a website www.caulirice.com if you want to check where else it is available. At a guess I would say Walmart as they own ASDA in the UK.
  • HawkPNP
    Options
    Thank you for showing me the ingredients!!! :smiley:
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options

I've heard in the US, one can buy cauliflower "rice" at Trader Joe's. The spices/ingredients in the mix that @Bonnie132 shows look tasty.
  • Bonny132
    Options
    HawkPNP wrote: »
    Thank you for showing me the ingredients!!! :smiley:

You are welcome @HawkPNP I always prefer the fresh stuff, but if these taste OK I will for sure keep a few on hand in the cupboard for when needed. Cauliflower rice and zucchini noodles are like gold dust here at times, I make my own noodles now, but such mess to make the cauliflower rice from scratch.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I wish they had these here. I never make cauliflower rice because I hate the prep involved. I used to love the rice in a pouch when I ate real rice. So convenient.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    They have it at whole foods..$2 for a bag!!!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    KetoLady86 wrote: »

Thanks! I'm about 3.5 hours from the nearest Whole Foods but when I travel I always seek them out! I'll add it to my list! :)

• esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    KetoLady86 wrote: »

Thanks! I'm about 3.5 hours from the nearest Whole Foods but when I travel I always seek them out! I'll add it to my list! :)

Yea I am not sure how far a whole foods is around here either! I think a couple hours at least. Hopefully more stores will start to sell it!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

I've heard in the US, one can buy cauliflower "rice" at Trader Joe's. The spices/ingredients in the mix that @Bonnie132 shows look tasty.

Yes, in with frozen veggies. They're usually sold out at my TJs though :(
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Nice...I'll be keeping an eye out for this stuff too since I to too absolutely HATE the prep work involved in making cauli-rice at home!! Thanks for posting everyone!!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Sadly, no Trader Joes in my state :'( But there is a Whole Foods 1.5 hrs which I may have to visit. Thanks for the info!
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    We dont have a Trader Joes here either...I wish we did. Thats all I hear about