Hello! I'm new to the Group!

Options
I've been on myfitnesspal for a couple of years now however, I never knew they had groups you could join. I am a mom, wife and work a full-time job. I recently came across an email where someone was talking about me, calling me "chubby and not that cute" I know this sounds childish but it hit me hard. These are my co-workers and they say nothing to your face but "boom" you see this and wow. I am very much an emotional eater. When I am stressed, overwhelmed or just overall sad or depressed....my cure is food. It doesn't matter what it is or how much....I just have to eat it to feel better.....BUT this is only a short term cure as I wake up the next day and my clothes are tighter and I feel even worse.

I would love to talk to people who understand what I am feeling and help with encouragement.

Thanks!

Replies

• judis100
    judis100 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That sounds horrible, actually - not sure which is worse, the insult or knowing they were talking about you behind your back. And you're so right that emotional eating is such a short term fix. I've been working on distracting myself with walking or other activity instead of eating. Then I practice a million brilliant ripostes (in my head) where I totally slay who or whatever stung me.
  • jesuschar61
    jesuschar61 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all, I'm new here too...just starting out ... this is November now, wondering how you doing since your post?
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I hope Jadie is feeling better now. She looks very cute in her photo btw.
    I'm doing ok and I think judis is good on as well.

Welcome to you jesuschar61. Hope your week is going well. :)